CFS3 No sound - XP SP2

SteveAdams Guest

Hi,

Just installed CFS3 on my Dad's PC.

Complains about outdated drivers and has no sound in flight.

PC is not that old - P3 800, 384Mb Ram, 16 Meg Pro Savage Graphics card, Via AC97 on board sound.

Sound in Windows and other games is fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Since the game is much newer than the computer the on-board sound card may need newer drivers.
You can either get them from the computer manufacturer (tech support-customer service) or from the motherboard manufacturers site.

You can, if you want, disable the integrated sound card and buy a new one, if you have an empty slot for it.

Radar

Steveadams Guest

Thanks for the reply - I'll try some new chipset drivers and see if that helps, but I'm begining to suspect that the game is beyond the PC.

Any suggestions for a similar (not as demanding) game? CFS1 wont work under XP apparentely and CFS2 is US/Pacific based - he's into WW2 Europe.

Steve

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try IL-2 Sturmovik the original one if you can find one. Ebay might be a good bet. I played the Demo and bought IL2 Forgotten Battles but I liked the original demo better that the second version.
http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=138

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/il2sturmovik/downloads/ The demo, this way he can try it on his machine.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...