Error: Flight Simulator X Requires XP SP2

Chris1001 Guest

When I insert disc 1 to install FSX the Install Shield starts then I get the following message; Flight Simulator X Requires XP SP2.

As far as I am aware I have the latest version so what am I doing wrong?

ANy help would be much appreciated. Embarassed

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Are you sure you have SP2?
A simple way to check it is to right click in My Computer and then Click Properties.

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

Go to Start -> Run... and type in WinVer then press ok.

You'll notice the second line should say Version 5.1 (some stuff here) and in the "Some stuff here" at the end you should see "Service Pack 2." If you don't see Service Pack 2 anywhere, then you don't actually have it installed and may just have SP1.

If you don't then go to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx and download then install it.

If you do, then you may have a corrupted Windows installation and will need to either do a detect/repair on it or reinstall.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...