Can you "warp" ahead instead of increasing the sim

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

I am new for FS so please excuse any stupid questions.

Is is possible to warp ahead on a flight plan instead of increasing the sim rate? I know you can go the map screen and drag the aircraft symbol to the new location. However, this still leaves the aircraft with a high fuel load and dumps the instrument flight plan. Is there a way to have the flight plan jump ahead a few hours and have the appropriate fuel load and keep the flight plan?

Thanks. Trying to avoid countless hours droning on autopilot.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

at flyaway there isnt such thing as a stupid question. when i joined i probably asked somthing just like that. and to answer your question there isnt a way that i no of that you can warp. and by the way... welcome to flyaway! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

No, sorry my friend. It would be nice but the ways that you have already stated are the only ways to advance position on flight plan. I guess they didn't include warp function because as a simulator and not a game, they expect that you would fly the complete flight plan. It would be nice and hopefully it's in the next version 🙂

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Have you heard of slew mode?
It is actiavted when you press the 'Y' key on your keyboard and then you will freeze during midflight. From then on you can hold the directional arrows to move your plane long distance at mega high speeds (press shift+z before entering slew mode to see your speed at the top of the screen)

You can also rotate your plane horizontally and vertically using keys from the 'F' row at the top of the keyboard like 'F5' and 'F6'

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

Is the slew mode any different than going to the map and dragging the aircraft marker to the new location? My problem with this is if you do this, it dumps your flightplan and you now have to refile

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

I'd imagine that the cancellation of flightplans is caused by jumping from airspace to airspace without proper handoffs etc.
I dont think using slew mode will save you from having to refile your plan.

But then again, a plan is refiled in a few seconds...I guess you'll have to live with it in FS2004 🙄

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Or for an alternitive, you could always just click on the map (Alt, World, Map) and click anyware you like in the world to respawn...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Prozac919 wrote:

Is the slew mode any different than going to the map and dragging the aircraft marker to the new location? My problem with this is if you do this, it dumps your flightplan and you now have to refile

To answer your question Prozac : No difference - same problem.

ARD-DC wrote:

I'd imagine that the cancellation of flightplans is caused by jumping from airspace to airspace without proper handoffs etc.

I concur with that. Seems very logical. Read

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...