problem with active camera

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

i have recently got active camera for flight simulator 2004. it says it has successfuly installed but when i open FS it is not there. what do i have to do to get it onto my game? or where in my game to i have to get it? help me please. thanks

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Did you hit Alt/View (while you have started a flight)and you dont see in the options the Active Camera choice?

Pro Member First Officer

no its not on there, when i went to choose my departure airport it said that it had been disabled. what could i have done wrong?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Silly question...Did you buy it or using the demo?

Pro Member First Officer

well it just came up with a download option on www.anticyclone.be and so i assumed it was free. how much is it to buy then??

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

The Demo version of AC2004 is only available in the Seattle area you have to perchase the product to anable it to all areas. I got it and it is worth it 🙂

http://www.anticyclone.be/active2004.htm

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I would recommened you get F1 View here ➡
http://www.flight1software.com/files/F1View.zip

Info about F1 View

This small module installs into FS2004 and supplies simple mouse-based movements, panning, and more, using the center mouse wheel/button. You can also move past the default view limits of FS2004 (good for strolling through virtual cabins). After you download, please make sure you read the full instructions included.

Pro Member First Officer

how do i get to use F1 view on flight simulator though. i cant seem to find it. help me

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

rickypig112 wrote:

how do i get to use F1 view on flight simulator though. i cant seem to find it. help me

You dont have to enable or start a program.
Since you install it just prees ''S'' and with a compination of your mouse Scroll and Shift ,Ctrl you can view your craft from a lot of different angles.

😉

Pro Member First Officer

ok then i will try but last time i done that it didnt work. well i will see. i will give some feedback ha ha. how do u get those pictures at the bottom of your screen things?

Pro Member First Officer

NO its not working. its making me angry now. i dont know how ot get it to work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Did you restart FS?

And if you mean about the signature pics check here ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11288/guide-to-upload-our-pics/

Pro Member First Officer

yes i restarted. and not even my demo of active camera will show me all the different views. what am i doing wrong?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

rickypig112 wrote:

yes i restarted. and not even my demo of active camera will show me all the different views. what am i doing wrong?

Uninstall them both.Restart yous system.Then install F1view.

NO IT DIDNT WWORK. WO IS WRONG WITH MY FS?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

rickypig112 wrote:

... what am i doing wrong?

This is meant as friendly advice not criticism. Your problem is you're trying to do too many things at once.

About Active Camera:
If you are using the updated version of FS2004 you need to download the patch for Active Camera as well. Maybe that's where you went wrong.

But why not concentrate on the easy stuff first? Idea

About F1View:
You need a scroll mouse otherwise it won't work.
Have you actually downloaded the file from the link Liono gave you?
Have you unzipped the file or extracted its contents?
Inside you will find F1ViewSetup and Instructions.

The Instructions are easy to understand and you'll find everything you need to know - how to install (very easy) and how to use it.

Why don't you stick to F1View first and enjoy it for a while before you go to Active Camera.

Once you feel you're ready for Active Camera, read this very good Review by Paul Middleton first ➡ http://www.avsim.com/pages/1104/acam/ActiveCamera.htm

Good luck 😉

Pro Member First Officer

nope, it is completely not working. i give up on them. i dont know what i am doing wrong.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

rickypig112 wrote:

nope, it is completely not working. i give up on them. i dont know what i am doing wrong.

If you dont get boring of telling us what you have done untill now it will be very helpful.Tell us your steps if you can remember.
Its so simple to install F1view and its a waste to not use it.

neo29m Guest

i got it to work 😀

basically if you read the instructions it say this product may conflict with others

i uninstalled active camera 2004 first then installed this.

if you think about it, they are probably both using the same dll

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...