Man Sets of Fireworks at Aircraft on Approaches - Edinburgh

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Take a look at this article. In my opion it is a crazy action. The reason as to why i am showing you this specific article is the fact that i live quite near to Edinburgh airport. (EGPH)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4650342.stm

Answers 22 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... Bring back the Birch Twisted Evil

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

String him up, the jerk! Add the ones with laser's also.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Yep, hang him up, he deserves it! ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Stick a firework to his...mouth and through him from a plane cruising at 40.000 feet. ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Stick a firework to his...mouth and through him from a plane cruising at 40.000 feet. ❗

Unsure

😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Take an rc 747(empty,of course) tie him to a rocket and hope he hits the empty plane.How dumb can one be to shoot rockets at a plane??? 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Violence begets violence... we know nothing about the boy's background 🤔

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I agree but we would know nothing also for the all these victims which from luck we dont have cause of his stupid actions my friend Tailhook. ❗

Im not a violence fan but i dont like in all cases to give rights to people by searching his pasts... 🙄
Yes maybe his drunk father beat his mother in front of his child innocent eyes or his mother dont care for him at all(i dont want to use hard words by respectful to all these young great guys here) but if we have lost 500 totallly innocent souls cause of his drunk father and his stupid son i dont give a damn about these two.
I know a lot of guys with bad past which they have the strength to pass their past and create a great future for them cause they know....

Am i bad?Maybe....

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

This BOY was twenty years old,not ten,twenty
He is old enough to know better and if he does'nt then he should be under supervision at all times

Id still birch him,bring it back Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Looking at his pic, he looks like the village idiot anyway. 😳
Dont know if it's true( someone will confirm) that, it's now U.K. law that fireworks can only be sold 24 hours before November 5th and December 31st
??? If you ask me, I dont think they should be sold to the public full stop, not with the crazy "boom boom" let's blow a telephone box apart fireworks their selling these days 😳 🙄 😳
The U.K. laws are crazy, if your caught with a pen knife, blank cartridge, so on, so on, so on, you could be arrested and go to jail, but it's quite o.k. to pull up outside your local corner shop, (that just happens to be allowed to sell fireworks) and buy and fill your van up, with enough fireworks to start WWIII
and rockets to bring down an aircraft 😳 No, No! Nope No, No! Nope No, No! Nope
Fireworks........... yes, they look nice and pretty, but leave them in professional hands, and not joe public
(Sorry to all responsible adults and parents 🙂 )

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I don't really care about his background. People must be held accountable for their actions...period.

That's why I like the state of Montana in the US...no insanity defense is recognized.

The idea that his background is mitigates his actions which potentially could have killed people, is absurd.

I'm not advocating violence, just jail him. He is a criminal.

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

CrashGordon 🙂 I dont wish to get involved in politics, and the rules and reg's etc. But, and even though it's changing the subject, what I'd like to know is... in the U.S.A. why is it that the states recognise different laws from each other ??? (quote.... That's why I like the state of Montana in the US...no insanity defense is recognized. ) Why can't they all follow the same as Montana ??? but there again, why are accused, put on trial, found guilty, sentenced to the death penalty, kept on death row for (in some cases) years at a time ??? In my opinion, this insanity plea stinks. Anyway, I better shut up, this is a flight sim forum, and not one of the AOL chat/news rooms 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It all started with the original 13 colonies. In order to get them to join anything larger, they had to be promised a degree of autonomy.

Because of that, we now have 50 redundant governments.

I won't say more because this is a bit off-topic....but at least flight regulations are uniform. Wow, I pulled that back from the brink. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

LOL 😂 CG thanks for your answer 👍 atleast I'm a little wiser.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

fourby wrote:

Dont know if it's true( someone will confirm) that, it's now U.K. law that fireworks can only be sold 24 hours before November 5th and December 31st

You can buy fireworks anytime of the year in England/Wales(Scotland Dont Know ) from licensed outlets
Your corner shop where most of these Censored buy them from would not be licensed,so this year I belive they can sell from Oct 31 and just before New Year

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Whatever happened to : Innocent until proven guilty?
The fact that Peter Crane pleaded guilty to reckless conduct does not imply anything else. According to his defence agent '...he had not deliberately targeted the planes.'

Im not a violence fan but i dont like in all cases to give rights to people by searching his pasts... ... know a lot of guys with bad past which they have the strength to pass their past and create a great future for them cause they know....

My mistake. I really meant 'background' in the sense of 'circumstances' - I could have worded it better.

He is old enough to know better and if he does'nt then he should be under supervision at all times

The fact that he was born 20 years ago and is entitled/compelled to join the armed forces of his country does not make him an adult. It takes more than that to turn a boy into a man.
Precisely my point, the fact that he doesn't seem to know better at his age suggests immaturity or even worse - mental instability and should therefore be under supervision and be cared for appropriately.

Looking at his pic, he looks like the village idiot anyway.

Just what does a village idiot look like?

I don't really care about his background.

I didn't really expect you to.

People must be held accountable for their actions...

Agreed on principle - however, it is necessary to establish the facts pertaining to the action first. These days this is done by a court of law rather than by a lynch mob.

That's why I like the state of Montana in the US...no insanity defense is recognized.

I trust the good people of Montana look after their less fortunate fellow citizens who suffer from mental deficiencies.

The idea that his background is mitigates his actions which potentially could have killed people, is absurd.

I made no such claim. My intention was to trigger some rational thought rather than falling blindly for yet another 'grab'.

You don't know that.

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

The legal system in the UK is far too soft. People can commit crimes and easily get away with them, or serve a pathetic sentence in prison.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tartanaviation wrote:

The legal system in the UK is far too soft. People can commit crimes and easily get away with them, or serve a pathetic sentence in prison.

There is an opinion theat the hard a legal system is the more illegality we have.
Take as an example some countries of the Latin America(Colombia for example)They have the hardest laws about any kind of drugs and they are the greatest producers.Of course the responsibility for this doesnt belong only to poor Colombians but to others profits but this is a long huge story.

Come to Greece...we also have so soft legal system that we have create laws to avoid other laws and each one of them has an open window ...LoooooL 😂 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

lol

so at the end of the day, it looks like this guy is stupid and held a fireworks display in his garden without thinking about aircraft...

This world is being evermore filled with idiots and morons of all varieties to supply us with news stories such as this, the fact the story starts "was firing rockets at aircraft" and ends with "was just holding a display and it didn't dawn on him about the aircraft" is typical of the evil journalistic idiots in this country.

I might add that the legal system that has come down so hard on this particular stupid person is the same legal system that takes away all parent's rights to discipline their children without involving them in nasty social services situations for "abusing" their children; thus the increasingly poor behaviour in our youngsters and teenagers and the complete lack of any sense of responsibility!

How they have not associated the lack of discipline with rising crime rates and more and more kids being involved in violence and missing school etc (coupled with the appalling funding that goes towards our schools in certain areas) is totally beyond me.

National service is what the UK needs, compulsory national service at the age of 16 when they leave school for at least a year to show kids some discipline. Just look at the older generations and how the general behaviour has deterioated along the time line as various forms of discipline have been outlawed.

grrrr

</rant>

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Whatever happened to : Innocent until proven guilty?
The fact that Peter Crane pleaded guilty to reckless conduct does not imply anything else. According to his defence agent '...he had not deliberately targeted the planes.'

Im not a violence fan but i dont like in all cases to give rights to people by searching his pasts... ... know a lot of guys with bad past which they have the strength to pass their past and create a great future for them cause they know....

My mistake. I really meant 'background' in the sense of 'circumstances' - I could have worded it better.

The fact that he was born 20 years ago and is entitled/compelled to join the armed forces of his country does not make him an adult. It takes more than that to turn a boy into a man.
Precisely my point, the fact that he doesn't seem to know better at his age suggests immaturity or even worse - mental instability and should therefore be under supervision and be cared for appropriately.

Looking at his pic, he looks like the village idiot anyway.

Just what does a village idiot look like?

I don't really care about his background.

I didn't really expect you to.

People must be held accountable for their actions...

Agreed on principle - however, it is necessary to establish the facts pertaining to the action first. These days this is done by a court of law rather than by a lynch mob.

I trust the good people of Montana look after their less fortunate fellow citizens who suffer from mental deficiencies.

I made no such claim. My intention was to trigger some rational thought rather than falling blindly for yet another 'grab'.

You don't know that.

good on you tailhook

Read the story to the end people, he isn't necessarily a criminal - perhaps just not the brightest crayon in the box.

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Well said my friend" perhaps just not the brightest crayon in the box. "
Also agree with National service 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Both posts great points Doc.
You seem like you are in perfect day 😉 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...