VATSIM/Navigation question

Pro Member Trainee
pearlygatesuk Trainee

OK I've set up VATSIm and got it working and I have to say I love it. I have now managed to file a flight plan using the information found at:

http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

however, I flew from Manchester to Frankfurt tonight and got totally stuck.
The route I had was;

EGCC SID DESIG UL603 TEBRO UZ738 RIDSU T881 ROLIS STAR EDDF

So, and here's where I just get totally lost. I have a basic Microsoft Flight Simulator GPS system. So I takeoff from EGCC and punch into my GPS system the direct button and type in DESIG and the GPS just looks at me funny as if to say.....what are you doing you numpty? so anyway I figure fly the runway heading until I reach Jetway UL603 and type in Direct TEBRO which works so now I think I've sussed it.

I arrive at TEBRO and a very nice netherlandic person asks me to fly a heading to RISDU so I type RISDU into my computer and GPS says errrrm stooooopid. So I'm thinking at FL350 I cant stay in the air forever not knowing where I'm off to as there is this little known liquid we like to call aviation fuel keeping me up here...so to my question.....

Where are these waypoints and how can I find them? somebody on-line mentioned something to me about an FMC but that sounds like a highly painful medical proceedure to me. I would like to know if I can plan a route just using the waypoints I know I've got in my GPS or if someone can give me a link so I can actually reach frankfurt before I send 250 people hurtling to their death because I've ran out of fuel, I'd be appreciative....

Thanks folks

Pearly

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Do a search for "simple fmc" and download it. Easy and great. Other than that, you need en route charts...

Pro Member Trainee
pearlygatesuk Trainee

Thanks for that Bindolaf - Have given it a download - looks like a very good little application but it wont link to my FS2004 autopilot for some reason - any suggestions?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Is your A/P in NAV mode rather than HDG which Simple FMC requires?

) Flying the route:

By clicking onto the "Enable Autopilot Coupling" button, simpleFMC will
calculate a direct course to the first waypoint of the list and will
set the autopilot heading of the flight simulator. In order to fly the
course you will have to engage the airplane's autopilot in heading
mode

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...