Looking for an airport.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I am looking for an airport that is reasonably close to McLean, Virginia that is untowered and outside the multitude of controlled airspace in the Washington, DC area.

It should have enough runway for a Citation-X

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

What are you up to now crash?? - Another one of those missions?? Ninja Ninja

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I am looking for an airport that is an easy drive from the CIA headquarters, yet easy to fly in an out of VFR.

The reason I said McLean, VA and not Langley, VA where most folks think the CIA is located, is that there really is no Langley, VA. Langley is a subdivision of McLean and has no post office of its own. Hasn't had one for many years. (Still, the movies like to call it Langley.)

I'm trying to create some scenarios for Omega-Air and want to make things as realistic as I can. I ran a test flight from KDAA, Davison Army Airfield at Ft. Belvoir, but that is in controlled airspace and it would look strange for a bunch of civil aircraft flying in and out of there.

The best one I've found so far is KHEF, Manassas Regional Airport. While it is still rather close to KIAD, Dulles Int'l, it may prove satisfactory. I'll check its runway length shortly.

I figure I've made enough searches on the web in the McLean area, that the swat team is probably outside my door right now. 😳

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...