GPS 2000 on 2004

pl09 Guest

is it possible to add GPS of FS2000 into 2004. if it is how to do it ??

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

I am sorry I can not help you. Have a question is the 2002 GPS better than the one in 2004?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

lkw wrote:

Have a question is the 2002 GPS better than the one in 2004?

Very apt question. I gotta tell you though, depending on what kind of flying I'm doing at the moment, sometimes I'd rather have the old stock GPS out of FS2002 than the ones provided with FS2004. Maybe pl09's reasons are the same as mine.

On the other hand, maybe we both misunderstood the question:

is it possible to add GPS of FS2000 into 2004. if it is how to do it ??

I think Ikw would be able to exchange the 2002GPS for the ones supplied with 2004. - But FS2000? Dont Know I never owned it. All I know is FS '98 didn't have a GPS.

P.S.: pl09 you can add a GPS to any aircraft that comes without one easily - whether you'll end up with a GPS out of FS2002 or FS2004 depends on the .mdl file.

If that should be .cfg instead of .mdl - I'm sure Ikw can correct me here 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

I do not have 2002 so have no experiance to draw on. You can definately add a 2004 gps either to the main panel if you have room or to a window. One of the things I have encountered trying to use 2002 aircraft in 2004 is that the GPS comes up with problems displaying. I do not know if it is because I do not have the 2002 gps gauge on my system or not. I usually solve it by replacing with 2004 GPS.

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...