I've lately had occasion to fly a couple of turboprops, specifically the Beech King Air 350 and the Beech 1900D. Once in the air, they are great machines, but on the ground, they drive me nuts
. At minimum throttle, they taxi so fast, I have to ride the breaks almost continuously. Very difficult to control, especially in traffic. Is there something I don't know about setting prop pitch or some such to overcome this annoying 'feature'?
3 Answers
I would advise dropping your prop RPM a tad, that might help. I fly jets mostly, but i do enjoy the occasional turbo. If that dont work, use the F2 key for throttle instead of a joystick throttle. just tap it untill you begin to roll, then drop it to idle.
Good luck
Just where did you get the C 1900Beechcraft? I like the ATR 42 myself, good bit faster than the C 1900.
Anonymous wrote:
Just where did you get the C 1900Beechcraft? I like the ATR 42 myself, good bit faster than the C 1900.
Is this what your looking for?
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
First Officer
Chief Captain