a380 greatest passenger plane or a deathtrap?

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

hi, im acepilot32 and i was thinkin for a long time "what if the airbus380 was to crash?" well this what i thought would happen, the airbus380`s cost was set at about 3bill right?well if it crashed the aircraft would kill up to 600to 790 passengers and the ones that survived would have to be in the hospital and the medical bills will have to treat for burns trauma rehibilatation.so airbus would have to pay for all of the hospital bills and they would have to put up with all of law-suits so all of that could costs up to a lot of money and could posibaly put airbus out of buisness

so thats what i think would happen if it crash but i wanna hear the other peoples opinions.

thank you for your time, sincearly, acepilot32

p.s. if i have broken any rules i am very sorry and block this if i did break any rules.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Why would Airbus have to pay for the medical bills?! Actually it all depends on the cause of the crash; if it's a pilot error than Airbus has got nothing to do with it, but if it has to do with the technical flaw than it's the other way around. Any way you put it a lot of lives would be lost in case of a crash! 😞

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

Why would Airbus have to pay for the medical bills?! Actually it all depends on the cause of the crash; if it's a pilot error than Airbus has got nothing to do with it, but if it has to do with the technical flaw than it's the other way around. Any way you put it a lot of lives would be lost in case of a crash! 😞

not sure if its true but wathcing mythbusters one day they tested that little thing you do when your during a mayday etc. The mythbusters actually said what they tell you to do is actually a quick way to die which sounds wierd to me. They said its more expensive paying for their medical bills. Again this sounds wierd to me but I dont know.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

If the Airbus 380 does crash, it will be a national tragedy. I don't think that over 500 people in one aircraft is a good idea. People are obsessed with bigger, faster and more efficient at the cost of common sense.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

the FAA would let a plane roll off the assembly line if they knew it would crash or if it wasnt safe i should say.

but accidents happen either way its a risk we all take when we step foot on one.

things will and do happen

Last edited by Jake (JarJarBinks) on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

i agree it would be a natinal tradgedy.

p.s. im sorry i wasnt here for a while

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

Well, the 747 had a nimber of bad crashes, but with all the aircraft out there, it's amazing, but the a380, we will have to wait.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

Westernstyle wrote:

Well, the 747 had a nimber of bad crashes, but with all the aircraft out there, it's amazing, but the a380, we will have to wait.

dude dont post old posts and i stand for what i said about the a380 >.>

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

acepilot32 wrote:

Westernstyle wrote:

dude dont post old posts and i stand for what i said about the a380 >.>

Its what i say not yours 😀

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

i guess you ignored the first part >.>

DON'T POST ON OLD TOPICS I think that should do it 🙂

im not being mean its just it gets annoying when old topics are bumped to the front with the new topics. I hope you understand 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

He is a bit like AndreyPietov in the FS2004 multi forum eh 😂

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

As it goes I think the A-380 is a giant flying turd--THE ONLY WAY it will make money is by full bookings on every flight, and at a premium charge.

I have watched these things land and to me they are spooky--like a huge kite in a windstorm.
I flew powered parachutes for a short time-VERY SLOW, and the wind had its way with you--I think the large surface area, combimed with the sheer weight will at least result in a lot of tire failures/fires, and bent landing gear. I have seen these things crabbing in and then landing--fully loaded, I bet they would have some serious problems. There is also an issue of engine strike,there is a lot of mass in a fully loaded A-380--if they catch a crosswind-the sheer bulk will roll enough torsion in to scrape an engine on T/O or Landing

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

why people make a big deal with old posts 😕

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...