The new (free-ware) Pilatus PC-12

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is free-ware but it handles so beautifully that it should be pay-ware, enjoy it, I am.
Pilatus PC-12
Integrating a single turboprop engine into an aerodynamically advanced airframe, the Pilatus PC-12 combines excellent economy and reliability with the inherent safety of single-engine turboprop operation. It offers multiple configurations, ranging from executive-level transportation in spacious, pressurized cabin comfort to long-distance delivery of cargo and oversized equipment. The business aircraft also offers some unique special mission capabilites.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=afg_pc12_basepack.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

That is a nice shot, good lookin' plane there.

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Great, thanks alot RadarMan,

Now I have a total of 10 PC-12s in my hanger! That is counting the new one four times though, short and large winglets, VC and no VC. So 7 if you only count it once. I have not installed the VC as I was worried by the comments about overwriting some files, and have not looked into what files yet. Can you still go NO VC after the Panel zips are installed? The comments in the Read me made it sound like the VC is not very true to life.

So what is your take on this one RadarMan? Oh I am glad that you are taking time away from your DC-3 for my P-12 😀, although I must admit I have had a DC-3 in my work shop waiting to be loaded and fueled. 🙄

I have been playing with the Goose.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I must say that it is a huge pain Ass in the to load that panel by the prima dona who had to get separate credit for it.
Funny, some people can't be part of the team, but I THANK all of them over and over for a truly great FREE aircraft.
You can use the panel the way it is but it isn't very "workable", at least there is a GPS.
I now see that at avsim they had some skins for it, and changes of winglets.
Go for it and have a good time, the sounds are great.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Hey RadarMan, wow.

My mind might not be in the right place to try and install the panel for the new PC-12 .

But after unziping the first panel that they say you must install into a temp, I was lost. Looked for the documentation thay the said was there and have not found it yet. Some of the panel I could guess at and slap it in but some would take me a while to try and figure out where it goes. One thing that I read said:

- Move the gauge folder into FS9 Folder and overwrite all.

Hmm wouldn't that wipe out all your gauges for your other planes!!!!!

The read mes are lacking.

I will forgo finishing this install until later hopfully after a Cup of Joe, or three I will be clear headed enough to finish, or buzzing enough not to care...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I must admit is a problem install and I don't really know if I have the desired results that they said I should but the gauges are there and I have my precious GPS.
If you are worried (I don't blame you) about overwriting, just back up the gauge folder. Zip it up, store it, and if it gets screwed up at any time you have it in it's present form to go back to.
I keep an original texture folder for just that reason.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...