Flying Lessons

I Can Fly! Guest

I'm going through the lessons in FS2004, but have come across a few problems.

1. I'm on climbing and descending and I'm sure the altmeter is reading wrong. The instructor keeps telling to fly to 3000 or 4000 feet but it's reading around 10 past 1 o'clock on the dial!?

2. It say alway ALWAY, pitch 1st then power then trim. But in the later lessons it says adjust the power THEN pitch - which make more sense to me. So which is it?

3. It states that pitch is for airspeed and power is for altitude. But surely changing one will effect boh airspeed and altitude?

Thanks.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

1. Press B to ensure that your altimeter is set to the correct barometric setting. The altitude I think that you are saying is about 1,200 ft. you need to climb to 3 or 4 thousand. Big hand on 12, little hand on 3 or 4.

2. You can set pitch or power in whatever order that you like or even at the same time.

3. Correct that changing one will affect the other. What they are saying is that in a constant airspeed climb, you vary pitch to maintain the desired airspeed. The amount of power will effect your climb rate (Altitude change). Same principle for descents.
🙂

http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/
Checkout Chapter 3 in The Airplane Flying Handbook

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...