De Havilland Devon crashed in NZ today

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Today a privately owned De Havilland Devon crash-landed at NZOH - Ohaeka Military Airport (Where the RNZAF Red Checkers display team are based) with 8 passengers on board. The 53 warbird that still in it’s original grey paintjob was forced to make an emergency landing after low cloud bought it down on route from Hamilton (NZHN) to Wellington, (NZWN) the countries capital city for tonight’s international rugby sevens tournament. The 9 people on board where not injured, but the hydraulics failed and a belly landing had to be made by the pilot with more than 30 years experience under his belt.

For more info and a video- check out http://www.tv3.co.nz/default.aspx?tabid=112&articleID=3484

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Crying or Very sad
Such a nice old plane!With it's original colors!boooo.it didn't deserve that! 😞

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Lets hope the syndicate owning the aircraft can make it fly again - here is a guide to how it should look 😉 ➡

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

For people who are interested, one of my pictures I took of my first flying lesson happened to have the Devon in the right hand corner:

http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc022261in.jpg

Pro Member Chief Captain

WOW The same one! 😳

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

wow jarred, that's awesome 😀

btw, the pilot looked really happy no one was injured. Job well done imo!

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

What more, I learnt from my parents that they knew 2 people on board the plane from a few years ago when I was playing soccer! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

What more, I learnt from my parents that they knew 2 people on board the plane from a few years ago when I was playing soccer! 😉

😳 😳 😳 😳 WOW!!!Jarred,you have a family relation with that plane! 😂

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Verygom , can you please tell me where I can download that de hav Devon you showed us in your screenie please?

Pro Member First Officer

Cheeky trolly - Classic British aircraft here ➡

http://www.cbfsim.org/

Excellent aircraft with great call up panels and check lists etc. - sadly no VCs (yet) - I think you'll enjoy

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Thanks for the links mate,

I have just downloaded the "De Havilland - DH104 Dove / Sea Devon" from a link from cbfsim.org off avsim (http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=De+Havilland+-+DH104+Dove+%2F+Sea+Devon&CatID=root&Go=Search) under the name dh104v1.zip by a man called Derek Palmer, who I have flown with on Multiplayer 😎

The 10mb file took a long time to get but it sure was worth it, the glass cockpit rocks:

😀

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

jarred_01 wrote:

😳 😳 😳 😳 WOW!!!Jarred,you have a family relation with that plane! 😂

Lol, simply a fluke I think! 😉

Pro Member First Officer

Yes cheekytrolly, the guys at cbfsim (Rick Palmer, Dave Maltby and Dave Garwood) are a great bunch who have produced great planes. All their work is to same standard as the Dove. You downloaded the same file as me - suppose you want a repaint for the 53 warbird now!
Enjoy the bird - but do n't stuff it into the runway!

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Suppose you want a repaint for the 53 warbird now

Is there one available???

Pro Member First Officer

CT - Not that I'm aware or have found - you'll have to twist someones arm 😉

freddielaker2 Guest

download the updated version dh104v2.zip and see the texture difference, its really the best model I have flown. I have studied the flightdeck and its cramped and heavy on the eyes, but find if I look at the desktop photo of a dh104 from airliners.net it all fits into place, I fly liverpool to blackpool in the uk the long way round. whitegate, otringham, polehill preston bpl and its great when you 20kts above stall speed its slow and handles great.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...