PC Help Please

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

I need help please. On monday, my Norton antivirus expired, so yesterday I bought the 2006 version. After loading it up, registering, running live update, I've now got a problem, that I did'nt have before.
Dont get me wrong, it has loaded, updated, and is running ok with no problems, but since I've loaded Norton 2006, I've now got a error message coming up when booting up the pc. Windows (XP home), boots up and is fine also, except for the message, it wont let me right click on it to save it or copy and paste it or anything, so I can only describe how it appears. I can't explain or type the full message, because there's symbols in it that are'nt on my keyboard, so where there's a funny symbol, I'll type a (?), by the way, this is in a small box, in the centre of the screen, with a red cross in it, here go'es.

RUNDLL
Error loading ???????????????w\3\LXCCtime.dll
The specified module could not be found.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Norton 2006, but still get the above message that I never had before. Could anyone shed any light on it before I spend hours and £££££££££ on the phone with Symantec ???.
Much appreciated 😉 and thanks for reading, in the meantime Read

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I had another problem in past(it has to do with the registration code)and i call Symantec technical support(keep on mind that im in Greece)They gave me simple and clear instrunctions and we finished in about 5' minutes.
I appriciate it. ❗

Anyway lets get to your point.I dont know a lot about N2006(i had 2005) but check the following ➡

http://www.file.net/process/lxcctime.dll.html

Here are some general infos and suggestion in order to keep our system clear.Just have a look at this an keep it on mind for future use. ➡

http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Protect_Your_PC/Avoid_Web_Browser_Hijackers.html

I would like also to suggest to unistall N2006 clean up your registries with the following program ➡ (or a familiar one)

http://www.downseek.com/download/21692.asp

...and then re-instal N2006.(obviously after restart. 😉 )

Let us know your thoughts and the results for everything you try my friend😉

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Greekman72, your a star Bow Down I had a feeling you would come to the rescue, thanks for your time and effort, and your quick response 😉
The next time I'm in Tsilivi, I'll call accross and buy you a beer 🍻
I'll try the links now that you've suggested.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Wait from the results first and then we can drink every kind of beer(s) you want my friend. 😉 😂

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Well Greekman72, we learn something everyday. I ran an excellent programme, from a link from your first link. As it turns out, it was'nt anything to to with Norton, it was from NVIDIA, I'd forgotten that, besides installing Norton yesterday, I'd also updated my graphics card driver, and it was that what was causing the RUNDLL error Embarassed
Thanks again for your help and quick response Bow Down atleast I've now got it sorted. The link to the freeware tool that I used is below, you may find it very useful.

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/index.html?ref=file.net

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thats good news fourby. 😀
Thanks for let us know about the problem and its solution.I bet that it will be helpful for all of us in the future. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
MilanNN Trainee

It's nice to have a friend who can help.

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Yes your right MilanNN, 😉 even though members on here are really helpful 👍 a selection of members know more on a specific topic. Greekman72 is quick to respond to computer problem related issues, and others ofcourse.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...