The Ugliest Aircraft in the sky

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

What do you think is the ugliest aircraft in the sky?

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'm going to get shouted at for this...

but in my opinion, I think the A380 is in the top 5 for downright uglyness

😉

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

This has to be in the top 10.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

😳 It reminds me the Mother Alien...

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

The "Guppie" is definitely not a creation of outstanding beauty and it must have been tricky to fly too.

At the moment most aircraft have good shape and proportions but there have been some shockers in the past - Vickers "Viking", Short "Scylla" and Supermarine "Walrus" to name three possible candidates. Pre-WW2 there were some really ugly military aircraft around - Vickers "Wellesley", Armstrong-Whitworth "Whitley" being a couple of candidtates.

How about the "Flying Flea" which is an unlikely-looking flying machine and there was a very ugly racer with the name "Bee" in there somewhere.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

originalgrunge wrote:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/0997838/M/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/0996028/M/

Need I say more?

I couldn't agree more my friend!! The dolphin nosed pig of the sky!!

Micah 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Fr Micah

Oh dear, the Beluga Airbus is truly hideous! On the credit side I like your Monarch, presumably heading out of Gatwick enroute to somewhere warmer. Gibraltar?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Probably the one that WarHawk42 posted. Dont Know

And guys, remember that the Airbus A300B4-600ST (Beluga) is the mother of some beautiful Airbuses 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

the a380 has the biggest forehead i've ever seen :p it does have some nice wings though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

😉

I won't shout at you for it. The A380 will never win a beauty contest.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I say the beluga is an embarrasment to the flying communities. It

Last edited by Jon Van Duyn (JVD) on Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

wow that A300 is REALLY ugly

The first time I saw the A370 I didn't like it very well, but know I'm starting to get used to it.

I don't like the nose, but the wings are beautiful

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I'm a serious fan of the A340 and many other airbus aircraft but man, if they had to make an A340-700 and it looked like the one in the picture below. I'd say that would be the ugliest plane. Not to mention a little underpowered.

Note: the picture has been modified

To see the picture enlarged click on this link

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Agus0404 wrote:

And guys, remember that the Airbus A300B4-600ST (Beluga) is the mother of some beautiful Airbuses 😉

It sure does look like she's about to give birth. Ermm...

That is one ugly plane indeed

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

JVD wrote:

I'm a serious fan of the A340 and many other airbus aircraft but man, if they had to make an A340-700 and it looked like the one in the picture below. I'd say that would be the ugliest plane. Not to mention a little underpowered.

Im not an argumentative guy, but i think that that airplane looks great!!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Come on guys! The A380 is not that ugly. I really like that aircraft very much. There's nothing I dislike about the A380.

The A300-600ST looks ugly, I know. That aircraft is mostly used to transport wings, cabins, tails, and everything from Aibus aircrafts.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

JVD wrote:

Im not an argumentative guy, but i think that that airplane looks great!!

Micah 😉

It looks good, but the wings should be moved a bit to the back.

Last edited by Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) on Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

JVD wrote:

I don't think you have to worry. There is no way you could get that monstrosity off the ground. If the main gear were under the wings, you'd drag the tail all over the place. If they were behind the wings sufficiently to avoid that, the fuselage would break in two on landing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

😉

Look at the bright side, if you turn down the speaker volume you won't hear the shouting Idea

I never much liked the looks of the A380 in FS, any pictures I saw or even videos or news clips on TV.

My view has changed completely since I saw the A380 close up in real live... taxiing, take-off, landing and in the air. A sight to behold.

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

lol well u havent seen this...

Airspeed Fleet Shadower

this is by far the uglyiest airplane ever!

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

hahahahha this thread is hilarious

keep posting 'em boys!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...