Changing cloud/weather settings

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

It may seem a dumb/ass question 🙄 but is it possible to set the settings in FS9, to get cloud layers in the pics I've included ??? I've just been reading about clouds/weather etc thats included in the FS9 tutorial, but it does'nt give me the answer I'm asking here, and neither do I want to play about and start adjusting my settings, if the clear answer is "no".

These pics included, are just an example of the type of cloud cover I'm trying to achieve, or am I looking at payware for this type of result . Thanks 😉

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0958780/M/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0987676/M/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0953833/M/

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i've never achieved anything like that on top settings. sorry!

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Obviously I dont mean the cloud quality as in the pics, I'm only trying to achieve the cloud layer. So instead of seeing the ground from whatever achieved altitude, I'll only see a carpet of cloud below and ahead of me, if you know what I mean. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

fourby wrote:

Obviously I dont mean the cloud quality as in the pics, I'm only trying to achieve the cloud layer. So instead of seeing the ground from whatever achieved altitude, I'll only see a carpet of cloud below and ahead of me, if you know what I mean. 🙂

I cant access to your links dear fourby(im in office now and we have limits in access to some sites Crying or Very sad )but if i get what you mean i think that you can manage it with an add-on for clouds improving.
There are some in www.avsim.com (sorry Crying or Very sad no access from job to this too,so i cant give you a direct link).

If your system can effort it put the cloud settings to maximum and use the clouds-weather improver and you will get what you want(if i always i get you right)

Have a look at the following screenshots to see some shots i have taken last Sunday in Major Thunderstorm weather settings.Im using a clouds add-on(i ll be able to give you the link later today) and have set-up my clouds settings to the highest levels. ➡

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Thanks guy's 👍 I'll have a look at some add-ons.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...