speed brake question

slip-stream Guest

When you arm the speedbrake does it mean that the aircraft will automatically use it if and when it needs it or does armed mean it is on until you stow it?

Keith Sandford.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

SlipStream.....I won't swear to this...But I believe once armed it is engagded....

To find out for sure just hit the arm switch and see if your nose comes up and your airspeed drops.....

Or..... watching the plane from the external view hit the switch...You will see the speed flaps rise......

Hope this helps......mason

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Hello
If you arm the speed brake it will deploy the spoilers on landing(dont forget to set the auto brakes)
Great for watching replays

Hope it helps

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

Really????? I didn't know that........WOW Cool.....Thanks TTT.....

I stand corrected......

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

Any time you select speedbrake (using the '/' key) the spoilers are immediately deployed. That is, of course, if you aircraft is so equipped. And yes, you can see them when in spot view, either airborne or on the ground.

Pro Member Trainee
BerraTV Trainee

So as not to confuse: there are two ways to deploy the speed breaks.
1) using the '/' (forward slash) will activate the speed breaks immediatly. Use this to lower your speed quickly when you have need to do so. or,

2) Arm the speed break. This will cause the speed breaks to deploy on landing to stop the aircraft. Do this as you start on final as part of your landing check list. 😀

funfly Guest

I set a button on my joystick to arm them
Then when im on final i push the button and as soon as you touchdown,up they pop

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Good idea
And for take off if you arm them and set the auto brake to RTO (reject take off) they will deploy and brakes will apply as soon as you cut the power
(arm them after you apply power for takeoff)

Hope it helps

TTT

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

Try-out the ARNZ BAe 146QT (or the BBN one). The Airbrakes at rear fuselage are brilliantly done and come in very handy when you screw-up an approach by coming in too hot. Great way to dump a lot of speed in a hurry.

The ground handling truck with its cargo is pretty good too - on the ARNZ one. Just something to 'play' with. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...