Photos of your "cockpits"

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hey Peeps,

Just thought that I would start a post showing my "cockpit" where I fly from. Invites are open for other users to post their photos too....

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Very nice setup there Leachus 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Brilliant idea leachus 👍

And you're starting off really well! I've been ogling the X52 for some time now but often wondered how to set it up. Your set-up is pretty much how I imagined it, but let me ask you... if you keep your hands on throttle and stick for a prolonged period of time... isn't this a bit high?
Or let me ask a different question:

At your own time, whenever you get around to it, would you measure the distance between floor and the top of your table/desk and let us know?

Thanks 🍻

BTW -- where are the empty Pizza boxes Umm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Here are some more setups if you interested :

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10903/cockpit-photo/

😉

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hey Tailhook,

Yea sure, you probably noticed the tape measure in the pic anyways :p

Floor to Table is: 700mm or 27.5ins

I have quite a nice chair which lets me sit high, so its not too bad, Plus, I tend to have AP running alot of the time.

LOL, I don't tend to eat pizza - I just drink beer instead 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

leachus2002 wrote:

Hey Tailhook,

Yea sure, you probably noticed the tape measure in the pic anyways :p

Floor to Table is: 700mm or 27.5ins

I have quite a nice chair which lets me sit high, so its not too bad, Plus, I tend to have AP running alot of the time.

LOL, I don't tend to eat pizza - I just drink beer instead 🙂

Hey thanks for the swift reply, here's your 🍻

No, I didn't notice the tape measure, I thought they were your shoes. I'm still wondering about that empty trash can... you fixed that before you took the pic, right?

Those measeruments are ideal for my height and the way I have my chair adjusted. Thanks a million... Oh boy, now starts the neverending HOTAS dream. Drool Drool Drool

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

Here's mine to show...

As you can see (or maybe not), we're cruising at 14,000 flying from KLAS to KSEA. The flight attendant just brought me that Dr. Pepper can so I'm good for a while. 😀

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Very nice set ups everyone, dont you just got to love the X52? 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Here's mine folks:-

I'm considering a new Yoke, the "Jetliner" all steel yoke - beauty!

CH Yoke, CH Pedals, CH Throttle Quad, Cyborg 3D stick (for Airbus use!), 19" TFT, 17" TFT, Logitech 180w Surround Sound..... oh and a PC 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Pro-Sim wrote:

*** Add a set of Cirrus Jet Pedals for only $595.00***

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Mithheru wrote:

Here's mine to show...

As you can see (or maybe not), we're cruising at 14,000 flying from KLAS to KSEA. The flight attendant just brought me that Dr. Pepper can so I'm good for a while. 😀

That's an interesting desk you've got... is it sturdy?

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Pro-Sim wrote:

*** Add a set of Cirrus Jet Pedals for only $595.00***

Wow nice find Tailhook, that product gets my award for bargain of the day! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I have heard rumours that New Zealand citizens are amongst the wealthiest in the world 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Mithheru wrote:

Here's mine to show...

That's an interesting desk you've got... is it sturdy?

Yes, it's very sturdy. All this is is metal shelving with one of the shelves sticking out for the keyboard, joystick, etc... Here's a link to show you the shevles by themselves and to give you an idea of what it is and how much.

The weight of the monitor, HTPC case, and everything else keeps it from tipping over. I intentionally propped the front legs a bit higher than the back to help insure it doesn't tip over.

Next thing I get for my setup is a control yoke. I'm looking for one that could be mounted underneath the shelf the keyboard is on. It would be at just the right height. Only prob is the one I've found is over $500. 😳 And get my motherboard to run 2 monitors so I can do something similar to what Pro-Sim has. Might just have to buy a new montherboard as this one won't activate either screen when both are connected.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks a lot for the link and this in-depth review of your unique set-up Mithheru. I thought it might have been constructed of steel shelving.

The trials and tribulations of finding just the right set-up are never-ending. But that's all part of our hobby. I wish you luck and success with your future expansions Hack 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...