Lock On Gold vs Falcon 4.0: Allied Force

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I have been thinking of buying a modern combat simulation program. I would like to read any thoughts or experiences anyone has had with Lock On Gold and/or Falcon 4.0: Allied Force. Which is better? 🙂

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I can defintily reccomend falcon 4.0: allied force! With Lock On I'm sure you've heard the number of complaints about the instability and the need for a high-end system, but in Falcon, you can have gorgeous scenery, clouds, planes, and FRAME RATES, on a medium system with no problem.

The learning curve is HUGE however if you choose to go for full realism, and will probably take you much longer to learn to fly the F-16 than it would for the PMDG 747 and planes like that. It may seem limited that it only has the one plane, but believe me, it is FULLY simulated.

I do not currently have it installed on my computer, and never did really get a good handle on the radar/missile system (on maximum realism), but that is mainly from my lack of hard drive space 😉 . If I had the room, I would definitly still be playing it today!

So for the price, the stability, and the realism, I reccomend Falcon 4.0!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Thank you. I appreciate your input. I didn't hear about the problems with Lock On, I'm new to modern combat sims. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Yeah, I looked into LOMAC (Lock On, Modern Air Combat) for a while, but decided that since I wasn't running a top of the line system, I probably wouldn't have much luck. I've also heard plenty of bug reports / miscellaneous crashes / trouble installing. I'm sure by their Gold Edition they've smoothed it all out, but I still couldn't run it just based on computer specs.

I do like how they have plenty of aircraft to choose from over Falcon's 1.

i dont think you will look at this again but im posting on it anyways Falcon 4.0 is much more realistic lomac gives a very good false sense of relism though and its not like an arcade game or somthing falcon 4.0 is less demanding for your computer and desent graphics i recommend geting hitiles if you get falcon http://www.lead-pursuit.com/ (its only like 10 dollers and you get it over the internet) but even that wont get its graphics too close to lomacs its graphics are increadible on the highest quality but you have to have a very good computer for that one other thing thats good about falcon is that if you get the game you can easily modify it so you can fly any plane on the game exept helicopters and awacs aircraft and although they wont have and acurate cockpit it will give you acurate wepons loads and handleing exept for a few minor things (in a harrier you cant hover) to do that you go to my computer then the hard drive its installed in then go to lead pursuit then the battlefield operations folder then in the campain folder for each campain (balkens korea 2010 ect) rename the folder ValidACbin rename it any thing you want and in everything (exept for dogfights) you can fly any plane you want but falcons relism does make the game very hard to learn but if you try youll figure it out one HUDGE advantage of falcon 4.0 is that it has a fully clickable cockpit meaning that using the mouse you can click buttens in the cockpit so you dont have to remember an assload of keys like in lomac thats what i hate about lomac it has a compleatly unclickable cockpit but lomac has a great traning sectoin that tells you everthing falcons traing sectoin works but you have to read alot of a hudge ass manual which is a bunch of bull lomac is a good game to so if you want the ultiment in relism go with falcon if you want the ultiment in graphics (and you have the ultiment computer) get lomac

one thing i forgot is that lomac also has a much better damage simulater and one other miner thing you cant do in falcon 4.0 if you modify it so you can fly any plane and you fly a multi engine plane it wont give you seprate engine control

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Pro Member Trainee
Roket Trainee

great info thanx

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...