Lock on Gold Error!

Pro Member Trainee
George (gepreck) Trainee

Hi,

I recently just bought Lock on Gold but everytime i try to start it, all i get is "lockon.exe" abnormal program termination! Tried the usual re-instal and/or repair but the same problem. There's no problems with my system and i have vista which is apparently ok to run the game.

Can anybody help?

Cheers
Gepreck

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

This is all that I could find, it's referenced to Windows XP but may be applicable to Vista also. Lockon Gold is not the latest version of Lock and apparently has many bugs.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/38610606/m/3731010962?r=1081060246#1081060246

Sorry that I can't be of more help but I'm a Falcon 4.0 pilot.😀

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Is that 'Allied Force' CRJCapt?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

warlord40 wrote:

Is that 'Allied Force' CRJCapt?

Yes, I've been slowly going thru the tutorials, there's a lot to learn. I may have it all figured out by Xmas! 😀

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

gepreck your not the only one, i bought lockon and got the same error

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

gepreck wrote:

Hi,

I recently just bought Lock on Gold but everytime i try to start it, all i get is "lockon.exe" abnormal program termination! Tried the usual re-instal and/or repair but the same problem. There's no problems with my system and i have vista which is apparently ok to run the game.

Can anybody help?

Cheers
Gepreck

You probably need a patch and/or a driver to run it under Vista.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=143

NOTE: I don't know if the above patch is the one you need, there are a variety of patches and drivers, you'll have to find out which one(s) is applicable to your setup.

Your best bet is to join the LOMAC forums and ask those guys rather than applying the wrong patch.

Pro Member Trainee
George (gepreck) Trainee

acepilot32 wrote:

gepreck your not the only one, i bought lockon and got the same error

Hi acepilot32,

I've just found a way to get the first cd working but not the flaming cliffs cd. All i did was, install the game onto my external hard drive and the game works!

Thanks everybody else for your help!!

Gepreck

Pro Member Trainee
jeffreyfrog Trainee

I believe that Lock on Gold is not the latest version of Lock and apparently has many bugs and is not dependable.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...