Halo 2

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Halo 2 ❓ has TTT lost the plot Nope
The game forums are awash with the news that Halo2 will only be playable on PCs with Vista
Whats it got to do with FSX ? Umm... Nothing yet,this is me thinking out loud 🙄
We know that FSX will be one of the major game release this Christmas(along with Halo2)
We also have been told that FSX will be playable on current PCs(see the video links elsewhere in this forum)but that it has been optimized for Vista
So will FSX will look like FS98 on PCs running XP? Dont Know

Microshaft say they will release the min specs for Vista in the summer

quote from the BBC

Minimum specifications for Vista (formerly called Longhorn) will be released in the summer but information gathered from reviews of pre-release versions have given clues about its hunger for computer power.

With Vista, Microsoft has made big changes to the way it handles graphics. Unlike other versions of Windows, it will need an advanced video card to get the most out of it.
It is also likely to demand a lot of computer memory and a sizeable hard drive. While these requirements are likely to be met by dedicated players who want to get the most out of games, many less keen players could struggle to comply.

Just to help Ive underlined the important bits

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4698072.stm

As I have said these are just my thoughts,but for those of us waiting for FSX,we may have to wait a lot longer than we thought as we upgrade our systems to handle Vista let alone FSX

Or perhaps Bill will give a voucher when you buy Vista for a discount on any Vista compatable game ROFL

Cynic ? 👍

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Interesting thoughts there, TTT. At least you have it lucky in that you know how/what to upgrade 😳 😂

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If and when Vista comes out be it before FSX then we should build (upgrade) our computers to handle it but only with FSX in mind a few months down the road.
Actually I rather have Vista come out first so that the computer will be ready to fly for FSX.
I'm not going to live in the past with XP even though it has proven to be an excellent OS.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

The game forums are awash with the news that Halo2 will only be playable on PCs with Vista
We know that FSX will be one of the major game release this Christmas(along with Halo2)
We also have been told that FSX will be playable on current PCs(see the video links elsewhere in this forum)but that it has been optimized for Vista

quote from the BBC

Minimum specifications for Vista (formerly called Longhorn) will be released in the summer but information gathered from reviews of pre-release versions have given clues about its hunger for computer power.

With Vista, Microsoft has made big changes to the way it handles graphics. Unlike other versions of Windows, it will need an advanced video card to get the most out of it.
It is also likely to demand a lot of computer memory and a sizeable hard drive. While these requirements are likely to be met by dedicated players who want to get the most out of games, many less keen players could struggle to comply.

As I have said these are just my thoughts,but for those of us waiting for FSX,we may have to wait a lot longer than we thought as we upgrade our systems to handle Vista let alone FSX

Or perhaps Bill will give a voucher when you buy Vista for a discount on any Vista compatable game ROFL

Cynic ? 👍

Now that makes me wonder! 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

tomthetank wrote:

quote from the BBC

Cynic ? 👍

actually halo 2 is not coming out this christmas its halo 3 and i'm not sure if it will come out this christmas

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I suggest waiting patiently...I never like rummors.TTT thoughts are 100% correct.RadarMan point too...One day we will get FSX and Vista (luckily for MS)and we will have the opportunity to have long discussions about how to solve the problems we definately are going to have... 😀 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...