Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Landing Speeds

Can anyone help me find a website that has information on the landing speeds for different Aircrafts (A318, B747, etc)? Im trying to figure out the Initial Vortex Circulation of an aircraft, and i need the approach speed to do that? Can anyone HELP?!?!

~Thanks in advance

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I have yet to find an accurate calculation for Vref 😕 I have looked around for one but have been unsuccessful. I know one exists and I know it is very complex, the problem being that it is not done by hand, rather the FMC does it for you so its rare to find it now 🙄

Sorry 😞

http://www.b737.org.uk/vspeedcalc3.htm -- Thats the only relevant information I've found.

If you come across one, let us know 😉

I know what the formula is for finding the Initial Vortex Circulation. I have all the elements besides the Approach Speed. Which is a pain to find over the net.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I know what the formula is for finding the Initial Vortex Circulation. I have all the elements besides the Approach Speed. Which is a pain to find over the net.

For some reason, the approach speed formula is hard to find Evil or Very Mad

😉

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

How longs a piece of string? You need to be more specific as landing speeds vary obviously with type but also with weight etc.

Example B752 Vref 30:
Weight 92k 134kts
weight 94k 136kts
weight 110k 149kts

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain