VOZ 1.1 has finally arrived! BRAND NEW RELEASE!!!

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

It has finally arrived; yes VOZ 1.1 is here- available for free download ready to once again break flight sim records as the best freeware scenery addon, ever!

What is new in the VOZ 1.1 Release?

1. Hundreds of new textures including wilderness, urban, rural and crops with more detail than ever before.

2. The first release of KoorbyLM night lighting. You've never seen night lighting as real as this in textures.

3. Lots of new sceneries, including Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, a vastly improved Canberra, Queensland coastline and much more! This amazing packaged even includes moving cars around the suburbs!

4. New or enhanced airports: Bankstown Airport (YBKS), Melbourne International (YMML), Canberra (YSCB), Parafield (YPPF), Caboolture (YCAB), Caloundra (YCDR), Redcliffe (YRED), Watts Bridge (YWSG), Sydney (YSSY) and Brisbane (YBBN).

5. Every lighthouse in Australia, 550 golf courses, updated towns in Tasmania and Victoria, and the first of many VOZPlugs to fill in landclass gaps, including Grampians, Mt. Beauty, large parts of the Tasmanian wilderness and more.

6. New more murky and realistic inland waters for rivers and lakes, as well as never-before-seen reflective cloud capable sea water textures!

7. New faster switcher code for improved region swapping with a brand new easier to understand GUI. UNVOZ will now force a backup to make VOZing even safer!

8. New region definitions; South becomes SE and West becomes SW, each with colour changes to reflect today's climate. The new SE and SW regions are stunning to behold.

9. A customized version of Airport Environment Upgrade 6 (AEU6) with new runways, aircraft environment map and halo lighting effects

10. A brand new expaned user guide and a documented VOZPlug Landclass SDK is now included in the documentation.

Plus lots and lots more!

Get it while it is hot from here: http://www.vistaoz.org/downloads.html

The linked page includes 15 mirrors and 2 bit-torrent links, as the install file size is 108mb, too large for avsim 😉

Enjoy!

Answers 24 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Thanks, downloading as we speak.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Wow - it looks really good Cheeky - thanks for telling! 😉

Pro Member First Officer
ste (tazz126) First Officer

that looks sick
i mean thats brill but will it inter fear with my other payware
scenery programs 🙄

It shouldn't interfere.

I've got the previous version of VOZ and you can VOZ and UNVOZ regions of OZ without causing conflict.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

ALL RECORDS BROKEN!

March 31, 2006: VOZ 1.1 is a certified hit.

We have transferred over 2 terabytes of data from our main server in less than 12 hours, which translates to 16,000 people or one copy of VOZ every 3.5 seconds!!! And that's just from ONE of the 15 servers. What are YOU waiting for?

Check out some screenies from an eariler sneak peek thread here: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11920/vista-australis-voz-11-sneak-preview/

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I have just dowloaded this but the zip file is refusing to open. When I right click and select 'Extract all...' the message comes up 'The compressed (ziped) file is invalid or corripted'. Any help would be appreciated.

😞 😞

PW

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I downloaded but deleted it again without installing, because:

1) You need to switch zones constantly (reloading the textures)
2) Textures are worse than default from high altitudes and that's what I usually fly. IFR over FL120 certainly.

I suppose I could install it for low and slow, but I don't fly Australia that often. Still, it's an amazing work and I'm glad it's freeware!

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I downloaded but deleted it again without installing, because:

1) You need to switch zones constantly (reloading the textures)
2) Textures are worse than default from high altitudes and that's what I usually fly. IFR over FL120 certainly.

1) You do not need to constantly need to switch zones- each zone is huge (1000's of miles across) so you just choose which area you want to start from and go- and if you happen to change zones (which is rare) then you just save the game, and re load, easy peasy!

2) Yes, the user manual does mention that this addon is for GA flyers, not the big iron, but the textures can be used world wide. Plus even if you do like flying high and fast, it's still nice to have some decent scenery on your climb and descent right?

BTW- pilotwannabe, it sounds like you having trouble with your internet. The filesize should be 108mb, try restarting your PC, not running any applications and downloading the file straight away.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

That's the other thing. I don't want the VOZ textures to be used anywhere else - I use Ground Environment and I just can see a big mess coming with all the texture overwriting.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Bindolaf, there is a program that comes with it called a "SWITCHER" where you can choose what textures you have before each flight. It's really simple and easy to use- I suggest you give it at least one try 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

I have just dowloaded this but the zip file is refusing to open. When I right click and select 'Extract all...' the message comes up 'The compressed (ziped) file is invalid or corripted'. Any help would be appreciated.

😞 😞

PW

Nobody???

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

BTW- pilotwannabe, it sounds like you having trouble with your internet. The filesize should be 108mb, try restarting your PC, not running any applications and downloading the file straight away.

It seems the file did not download in its entirety. Sometimes if a connection times out, it will look as if the file finished, when it didn't. Make sure the size is correct (as stated above) and maybe use GetRight or some similar download utility.

Pro Member Chief Captain

OK, thanks guys, it looks like that's what happened. I'll try downloading again. 😀 😀

PW

I don't see what's so great about VOZ scenery. My sceney currently look better.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I don't see what's so great about VOZ scenery. My sceney currently look better.

ROFL Great Joke

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Cheeky Trolly, In your screenshots - how do you get your initials on them?I was just wondering because it seems really cool!

Thanks 🙂

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Cheeky Trolly, In your screenshots - how do you get your initials on them?I was just wondering because it seems really cool!

Hi Mike,
All you have gotta do is open your screenshot in a photo editing program, (MS paint will do fine) and click the text icon and type your name! Don't forget to re-save before your upload it again 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Okay, I must be missing something. I go to the URL CT gave. At the bottom is a link that is supposed to continue to where the downloads are, but instead, brings me back to the same page. I've tried this with both Firefox 1.5.1 and IE7b2.

Maybe, I've gone blind and don't know it. 😳

Anyone have a link to the actual file?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Crash, try this one.

http://vistaoz.org/downloads2.html

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Thanks. That worked. 😀

alright... i've skimmed through these posts and haven't quite seen what i am looking for (although i might have missed it)... can this be used for ALL scenery or just australia... if so, how do i install it and get it to work? and if it doesnt work for the whole world... what is the best scenery that i can download for free that will work EVERYWHERE? I am really tired of seeing all these awesome photos and then having to live with the stock fs2004 scenery. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

alright... i've skimmed through these posts and haven't quite seen what i am looking for (although i might have missed it)... can this be used for ALL scenery or just australia... if so, how do i install it and get it to work? and if it doesnt work for the whole world... what is the best scenery that i can download for free that will work EVERYWHERE? I am really tired of seeing all these awesome photos and then having to live with the stock fs2004 scenery. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

This scenery is just for Australia. To get other scenery (free) you have either join here or go to a free site and look at the literally thousand of downloads.
There isn't on particular scenery (free) download that will cover the earth, those you have to buy.
But if you wish to download multiple scenery's and if I may install them one at a time you can cover the earth or at least most of the areas that you fly in.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/70/fs2004-scenery/

Radar

alright, thanks radar man

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

how do i install it and get it to work? and if it doesnt work for the whole world...

Hi Guest,

Once you download it, an icon will appear on your desktop with a link to the "Switcher" which you can see below:

It is very simple to use, all you have to do is click on which region you want, then hit the "VOZ" button which install's those textures. These textures work worldwide- for example, the "North" textures are fantastic for all the Pacific Islands, Indonesia, South Africa and South America!

When you wish to return to the default FS2004 textures, you just press "UNVOZ" and within seconds, you are back to the original textures!

It's really simple and seems to suit everyone! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...