I need help fast

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

😳 HELP i have just tried to install an a 340 panel now when i try to load fs9 it comes up access denied .

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

to give u a bit of insight i was trying to find my config settings to adjust for this panel (my first time trying this) i went inot my file properties setting in order to see hidden files or so i thought doing this erased all my desktop icons there fore i had no choice but to system restore no access denied keeps coming up i have reinstalled fs9 but it is still happening.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I'd say undo what you did and see if you can still open it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Wow, what config files did you touch? You should've just had to mess with the panel.cfg file.

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

already did that i am currently reinstalling fs9 again but this time i have deleted all settings and saved files but will i have to reinstall all my addons i,e fs passengers etc

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

it's my own fault i should have never went snooping i dont really even know where to look for my config files i have downladed fs9 configurator is that where i should have looked

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

you see this is what i was talking about in my past post.
to many downloads can mess up your fs9.
but if they made it the way we want it to look like we would be happy with what we have.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Peco,
Not sure exactly which config files you edited, but they are all in your Program Files.
You can get to them with Windows Explorer. If you change anything, always back up the file first so if things go wrong you can put it back to where it was.

If an install like that goes wrong (and they will) just make sure you know exactly which files you put in and where. Then even if FS9 won't load, you can go to use Windows Explorer to navigate to the folder and remove whatever it is that is causing the problem.

click on the picture below to enlarge it.

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

have reinstalled fs9 still not working looks like my flying days are up. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

my cpu is saying

Error:Createfile(C:\documentsandsettings\Rossco\LOCALS1\TEMP\ed541.tmp

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Well what happened Peco.
Did the install go as normal?
Were there any errors?
How did you uninstall?
What happens when you try to load the sim?

It sounds like it wasn't completely removed.
Take a look at this below and make sure everything was covered in the uninstall.
Don't give up yet Laddie.

http://www.kbalertz.com/kbNamed_888846/Describes.manually.remove.Flight.Simulator.2004.Century.Flight.from.your.computer.when.cannot.remove.using.other.such.Programs.aspx

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

am doing what it says on the article mike i have an idea though maybe it would be better if i take all my add ons off my hard drive aswell.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Restore Windows some days back.

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

have just tried that greekman and the same thing is hppening

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

peco wrote:

have just tried that greekman and the same thing is hppening

Yes you are right. Embarassed Unistall FS and clean up your registries or by default FS option(start/run/type reg edit then click/edit/find and type flight simulator )and clean all the founded registries.Then re-install it.

You can also use a registry cleaning program like Registry cleaner

http://www.downseek.com/download/21692.asp

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

greekman thanks have downloaded your software and trying what you suggested will let u know fingers crossed. 😞

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

well guys i have tried everything dont know what to do now have taken all files to do with fs9 and it is still coming up access denied have run out of ideas Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You unistall it,you clean up your registries and you re-install it?Restart your system in safe mode and check if FS can starts.

Any other problrms with other programs?

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

no problems with other programs how do istart in safe mode

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Before you tru this did you try to clean your registrie from Windows default option from start ,run etc.?Try it please.

Unistall FS.
Clean.
Restart.
Install FS.

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

Got u now greekman will try it and let u know tomorrow don't want to bother u guys any more if it works i will forever in your debt .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You dont bother us dear Peco.You problem is ours too.I will think of it more and im sure that more experts than me will follow. 😉

Feel free to ask anything. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...