ILS FREQUENCIES

Pro Member Trainee
chrissie Trainee

Hey all,

upon approaching to my destination airport, when ATC geve me the ok to land and the runway, I click on my map and select the runway they requested me to go on and all..........

But the problem I have is that when I go into my map and select my runway, I cannot find the Frequency to select for my navigation in the radio. I know this is a newbie thing but can anyone help me on the problem???

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

chrissie,

A little bit of background please. What FS are you using FS9 or an earlier version? If you are trying to select from the map in front of you within the cockpit there should be ILS frequencies there. So the next question that people will want to know is. What is your route in other words from DFWD to KCMO. I just made those up. I generally have brought maps up and write down the ILS frquencies on postit notes. I have them all over the place for different air ports.

I hope this helps to determine what you need. Please don't hesitate to ask.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

In map mode, left click on the airport symbol. A window will open with communication and navigation aid frequencies. You may have to scroll down to the runway that you need. Please note that every runway doesn't have a ILS or LOC type landing aid. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I generally have brought maps up and write down the ILS frquencies on postit notes. I have them all over the place for different air ports.

Me too..
I find it a nuisance to be looking up runway frequencies at the same time I'm dealing with my approach setup.
I always look all that up first.

Pro Member Trainee
chrissie Trainee

Ok I will try to look up the frequency on my map but crjcapt, do you have the whole list on your computer or can you send me a copy of the airports you have listed? That will really help..

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'm sorry I don't have a list. It would be a very long list. There are over 20,000 airports within Flight Simulator. The map has them all. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Some, but not many frequencies are not listed, that is true. The work-around is zoom in the the airport on the map real close, click on this runway, you will find the frequency for this runway ILS is listed there 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
chrissie Trainee

HEY ALL,

JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS TO ALL FOR HELPING ME OUT, I FINALLY FOUND THE CORRECT APPROACH FREQUENCY FOR THE AIRPORT AND MADE AN SWEET LANDING WITHOUT KILLING ABOUT 140 PEOPLE.

NOW THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS WHEN I TRIED TO SETUP FOR SAFE SPEED FOR LANDING BUT WHEN I PRESS MY MACH HOLD SWITCH WOULD NOT WORK...THE LIGHT WOULD NOT PRESS AND SO I CAME INTO LANDING ABOUT 200MPH... CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

At landing height (or 20,000 ft before) you should have the SPD selected and not the Mach hold.

Also check that you have auto throttle selected which is probably why it won't allow you to select mach/SPD hold.

P.S might be worth checking your caps lock key too while you're at it 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...