FS9 versus FS9.1

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Has anyone reverted from FS9.1 back to FS9? If so, please share your thoughts here.

Note: I am not asking how to uninstall the patch.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well I have 9.1... and I really don't see a difference. According to Microsoft, they say that it increased the FPS in areas that you return to after you fly out of it. It also improves scenery in cretain areas.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have the impression that there was another topic for your question which i was asking what do you have in your mind ,but seems that i can find it(and maybe i was missunderstood too)...Anyway...
My small research gives me this article that explains which are the major benefits of FS9.1 .So if you rollback to FS9 you probably loose them...

The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team is pleased to announce a product update for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight. In response to customer feedback and Product Support information, the Update will address a series of enhancements and content updates.

Update Enhancements

Addressed slow frame rates for flights repeatedly in and out of a common area. Frame rate decreases have been corrected by fixes to Autogen scenery behavior and memory allocation.
Addressed product stability issues that were due to changes of season in particular airport environments. Users will experience stable and consistent behavior when changing the time and season across any of the airports at any level of scenery detail.
Addressed additional product stability issues tied to various features throughout the product.
Addressed issues with configuration file updates to make sure all option changes are reflected during subsequent launches.
Restored support for 19 meter digital elevation data as was supported in Flight Simulator 2002.
Content Updates

The update includes over 160 bridge models to replace missing bridges. These new bridges will appear at all scenery settings of normal and higher.
Kennedy Airport (KJFK) features new autogen objects to enhance the high detailed scenery and terrain for the airport and surrounding area.
Virtual Student Pilots completing their first solo flights will correctly receive Solo Certificates for their accomplishments.
The update is available for the English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, and Japanese editions.
Microsoft also did a great job of testing out all the various addons and addressed a lot of potential issues. The Readme has instructions for what to do if anything goes wrong. You will need the new update (just released) for Activecamera, as well as the newest version of FSUIPC.

What Microsoft sais ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

9.1, total waste of time and space!

Creates more problems than it fixes. I have stuck with 9.

Trust me!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

Trust me!

Micah 😉

What kind of problems did you get from FS9.1 dear Micah?Im curious 😉

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

well it created a whole load of .dll problems and it didn't improve any of the things it said, especially with regards to frame rates, it was just so much hassle from start to finish.

Micah

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks for the feedback Micah.It ll be good if more people come here to share their experience about it.

For example i have no problems at all,so we have an issue here.
Probably the problems comes out from a compination of things,Hardware or Software ones,and not from the update itself.If with some way we could focus these compinations maybe we could reach a final conclusion.But i believe that it will be more than difficult.

Just some thoughts.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

When I installed the 9.1 patch my multiplayer button would'n't work for a few months, then I downloaded FSNAV and installed it, and ever since my fs2004 Multiplayer has worked fine 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

Trust me!

Micah 😉

Thanks for responding to my question. It appears that so far you're the only one who went from FS9.1 back to FS9 Dont Know

I've been thinking about another possible problem. When the Update was released, Microsoft gave us a list of programs and applications that might cause problems in one way or another once the Update is installed.
I am not aware that that list has been updated -- yet new programs and applications are being run on our PCs.

Note: For those folks who are confused...

The 'No CD crack' allows you to start fs9 without having to put a CD in your CD drive.

The 'Patch' the 'Update' and 'version9.1' are the same thing.
The 'Patch' is not to be confused with the 'No CD crack'.
Idea

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...