A380?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Hey guys. I was reading about the new craft coming out, and i noticed the A380. Do you think it'll be a success? I mean, if you look at their seating capacity, they can hold, with a special configuration, almost 800 people. Now, what is Boeing gonna do? Seriously, can they compete, or are they gonna pull a Gateway and slowly fade away into nothing, surrendering all their stuff to Airbus. I sure hope that Boeing does something. They need a new plane, something revolutionary. I think they should make a double decker, with a small section up front, as a third deck, for the World Buisness class. And, they need a 5 engine craft. Stick one of em up in the tail like the MD-83. That would be a good plane, i think!

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

2004-A380, last in the list if anyone wants one.

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004jets9.htm

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

If anybody wants one a bit closer to home, check these out:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/732/fs2004-airbus-a380-in-house-and-northwest-colors/
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/732/fs2004-airbus-a380-in-house-and-northwest-colors/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

yeah, i kinda meant the REAL one that's gonna be in service soon, but at least people know where to find one. lol

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

2004-A380, last in the list if anyone wants one.

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004jets9.htm

Excellent! I've got no idea why they don't include some Euro craft in FS9... Next on my wishlist will be a really nicely rendered Jumbolina!

Hawkeye_87 Guest

I dont think Boeing will go broke, true their 747s mightnt be as popular, the last one ordered from boeing was in 2002. You have to think of the smaller to medium market tho. Boeing's 777 and other medium distance planes might be the way boeing will have to work towards, unless of course they deisgn a completely new aircraft. Only time will tell i guess!

Pro Member Trainee
swanno30 Trainee

It's going to be interesting what happens. Boeing seem to be pinning their hopes on the new 7E7 dreamliner, their argument being that planes need to be manageable and the market is moving more to mid-range comfort rather than long haul.

We know how long it takes to get a 747 loaded and offloaded through one door, you can at least double that time for the new Airbus.

Pro Member Trainee
Scott Archbold (Scotteiboi) Trainee

I am not impressed with the A380, I honestly think it is a waste of time and money. It will only provide service to about 32 ariports, while the 747 provides service to over 220 airports. Imagine the immense amout of work that will need to be done if the A380 were to service more airports. I think the 747 will be just as popular as it is now. If Boeing were to make a rival aircraft it would be about the same size if not bigger than the A380, restricting it to 32 airports... ^^,

Pro Member Chief Captain

I agree with Scottei entirely, and, if i'm not mistaken, wont the 7e7 be able to fly farther than the 380 for less money?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Even if the 7E7 could fly longer for cheaper, the A380 will undoubtely take so many more people. However, this isn't going to be some ground-breaking aircraft in my opinion. As someone mentioned before, there is a very limited number of routes this aircraft could service, limiting which companies would want to buy the plane. On top of that, the number would be even more limited by the cost of flying it, and all the more by the fact that most of these companies could only justify one or two A380 flights a day.

If this does take off though, there will definitly be an increased use of Hubs rather than direct flights, which would be interesting to see. It might end up being good for smaller companies if that's the case.

Pro Member Chief Captain

True, but you have to think though, what is the operating cost of such a beast? Also, your idea for the smaller companies, It's true, they could get more bang for each buck with the huge capacity of the 380, BUT, will they be able to afford to buy one or 2, and be able to offset the operating cost of the aircraft?

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

If you are concerned about Boeing going broke. Check their stock market value. Please let me know so I can sell my shares

Fear

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

The A380 will also built in a cargo version(now thats a lot of cargo)

From the Airbus site,so far there are 129 on order

More here ➡

http://www.a340.net/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...