Payware Planes

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Right I would like a really good plane to learn to start flying, maybe an airbus or something similar. I dont mind paying a few quid for it if it is worth the money. What would you recommend?
I would like it to be roomy for plenty of passengers, easy to install, some nice views, autoland feature would be nice but not required.

Cheers all 😀

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

I recommend PMDG's offerings.....

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/

I have the 737NG and the 737 800/900 and they are superb.

The FMC takes a little time to get your head around though 😉

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

What do people think about this?

https://www.simshack.net/manufacturers/cls-42

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

kianok wrote:

I recommend PMDG's offerings.....

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/

I have the 737NG and the 737 800/900 and they are superb.

The FMC takes a little time to get your head around though 😉

Cheers, ill take a look 😀

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Sorry to go off topic but.....Hey I got my signature working 😀

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Looks good Doyley 👍

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

I too would say go for the PMDG, I have the 737 and 747 and since these two purchase I have not gone back to the default aircraft. Once you have mastered the FMC the whole package is fantastic.

spuddi Guest

I would say also try the PSS a330/340.
Its also got all the features that you want, FMC autoland, loads of livery's
plus its not based on one that comes as default.

also the CaptainSim C130 looks fantastic, and if you get the CD it will come with loads of different colours and comes with scenery for RAF Lynham (the UK home of the Herc)

I also read about the ATR72-500. it looks great and was actually developed in partnership with the aircraft manufacturer, so you even get a choice of interior seat fabric colours (as in real life) and even flushing toilets.

all the above can be ordered on CD

Pro Member Trainee
Michael Judah (compilots) Trainee

Hi Doyley,

Well... the words that I find relevant in you post are "... really good plane to learn to start flying..."

Which in my mind means don't spend any money yet! Start with the default that FS2004 has to offer. It should be more than enough!

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Yeah, if you're looking for a basic jetliner to learn to fly, the PMDG planes may be a bit overwhelming. They take simming to the next level, and provide a generally STEEP learning curve to get there if you've never flown with a complex simulator before. Perhaps the PMDG 1900 series would be a good introduction, or possibly the ATR from Flight1. The PSS airbus series is an excellent introduction to payware, but you may find it slightly outdated for your tastes. It's up to you, but see if you can get a review off of AVSIM for your choice first. That'll give you a good idea of what you're getting!

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Oh sorry you misunderstand, I dont mean learn FS from scratch, I am already capable with many of the default planes, I would like a new challenge 😀

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

compilots wrote:

Hi Doyley,

Well... the words that I find relevant in you post are "... really good plane to learn to start flying..."

Which in my mind means don't spend any money yet! Start with the default that FS2004 has to offer. It should be more than enough!

Payware Cessna with wing views maybe??? 😂

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Ah, since you are looking for a challenge, there are two 737's out there worth buying. You can try either PMDG's 737NG series, or the new FeelThere 737-300,400, 500 series. The FeelThere plane is obviously more recently released, with plenty of superior features to the PMDG's, but the learning curve is the same. The feelthere's manual is written more for people who havn't flown with complex systems before, but there are plenty of tutorials that do that for PMDG. I think both are worth the money.

I reccomend starting with one of these two 737s, since you won't have to tackle both the trouble of learning the systems of a large plane, AND handling it. I was familiar with 70% of the systems on the PMDG 747 already, but it still took quite a long while to get enough training to fly it confidently.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Thanks for your suggestions folks..

One more thing, whenever I add aircraft I have to be careful as some really slow my comp down, I think its ones that use intense graphics as I have no special graphics card, just the built in graphics controller and I cant buy a graphics card as its a laptop, will these planes be ok for me to use do you think?

Thanks!!!

spuddi Guest

the payware planes do tend to run slower on the PC than the default planes because they are doing a lot more.

You could always add more RAM unless you've hit your limit.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

If you were looking for an Airbus aircraft, you can try the PSS A320 Package. It was made for FS2002, but thereĀ“s a patch for FS2004.

If you want the PSS A340 Professional (also including the A330) click this link:

https://www.simshack.net/

And here you have more payware aircraft by Just Flight:

https://www.simshack.net/manufacturers/just-flight-13

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

it doesn't sound like you will be able to run any of the planes mentioned i'm afraid - all of them are pretty system heavy.

if you want something like a 737 that's a bit more of a challenge to fly and very good quality i definately suggest you try what i did. go to the aircraft forum and look for na topic titled 'the perfect 737-200?'

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Doyley wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions folks..

One more thing, whenever I add aircraft I have to be careful as some really slow my comp down, I think its ones that use intense graphics as I have no special graphics card, just the built in graphics controller and I cant buy a graphics card as its a laptop, will these planes be ok for me to use do you think?

Thanks!!!

Some payware planes include a NO VC version which speeds things up quite a bit.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

just to add: most payware planes come with 32bit textures - if you convert to dxt3 they're about 1/3 of the size 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Here's something else you might want to consider:

Captainsim are implementing a new 'Block system'. Opinions as to the merits of this bold innovation differ as they will with anything new. Remember the outrage caused by the claim that the earth was round several hundred years ago?

Take your time and have a really good look at this - it might just be the ideal introduction to payware in more than one regard.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/b757/200/index.html

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...