A Saga with Windows XP 64-bit, and fs2004.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

OK Liono if you've found this, have today found and installed Creatives Latest Audigy Sound Card driver for Win XP64. I'm very glad to report, I now have sound.

I am now going to install nVidias Graphics driver for XP64, which I also found and downloaded today, hopefully my 6600GT will then show it's paces.

But, still little luck with the internet connection.

Cheers.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

KenTel wrote:

OK Liono if you've found this, have today found and installed Creatives Latest Audigy Sound Card driver for Win XP64. I'm very glad to report, I now have sound.

I am now going to install nVidias Graphics driver for XP64, which I also found and downloaded today, hopefully my 6600GT will then show it's paces.

But, still little luck with the internet connection.

Cheers.

I'm glad you have got sound and found the driver's for your graphics card. You said your motherboard was an ASUS board and I assume it's a nForce 4 board?
If so, have you download the latest nVidia nFocre driver's?

The latest driver's can be found here ➡

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp64_amd_6.69.html

I have this installed and have no problems connect via the ethernet port.

Liono

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Liono, must admit to double ended candle burning last night. After installing the 64bit graphics driver (beta version), the improvement was noticeable, I couldn't shut down without finding the 64bit nForce drivers (more betas), downloaded and installed, at 0350hrs, had to leave it. The other half started sleep walking, looking for me, got a sore ear this morning, 😂

Anyway, magic, booted up this morning and its working, wonderful, checked out FSHosting, server, etc., that works OK. Ventrillo OK. WOW!

Thanks for all your help, must go now, get comfy to watch F1, for a while.

More updates to follow................

Cheers. 🍻

KenTel here. I couldn't log in. After getting it all going, and then powering off. Next time I booted, it crashed, short story had to reformat partition, reinstall XP64. And at the same time, I lost access to this forum, tried to apply for a 'lost' password, but it just keeps locking up, if I use it.

So till things get better, I'm a guest, still trying to get XP64 running without nasty side effects. Hack

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Gee! Got back at last! Wow! Still bashing the kybrd to get XP64 + fs9 together again. But will take it a bit slower now, after the hassle I've just been through, I don't want a repeat. There are so many things that have to be compatible with 64, and they are not all easily found or available, it's a right battle. So many drivers, etc., are plagued with the MS notice of Not being approved! And the crash I had, I've remembered came just after doing a Microsoft update, there were 22 updates to download and install, took over 30 mins to do, I then rebooted, all seemed well, and then shut down. After that it went haywire. as explained above.

Cheers All. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for the report Ken, it's good for us to have you as a trailblazer. The 'MS notice of Not being approved' reminds me of the problems I had to get a simple modem when XP was first released. Now, almost five years later I'm still using the "unapproved" modem and despite the belligerent warnings have never had any problems.

Paranoia?

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I've had Windows XP 64bit installed for over a week (120 day trail) and series of thinking of upgrading when the trail finish's, as I think this is a more staple version of XP.

I've had no problems in looking for 64bit drivers and I don't think I'll upgrade to Vista just yet but you never no.

If you are haveing trouble looking for driver's and have an AMD base processor have a look at PlanetAMD64 ➡
http://www.planetamd64.com I was directed here from the Microsoft website.

Here are some Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/64bit/russel_x64faq.mspx

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Thanks for the URLs Liono, look very interesting. When I have time will give them a thorough look over.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...