Scenery sliders higher

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to my PC to enable me to move my scenery sliders up a bit higher, at the moment they've all got be at minimum to stop the ground from 'flashing'. I had no problem with FS2002 on this PC. Also I can have weather sliders on max with no problem. Any ideas??

PC Spec:
Pentium 4 CPU 2.53GHz
512mb RAM

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

If you tell us your Graphics Card type it will be more helpful 😉

If you are able to get another 512stick of Ram you will notice some difference.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have GeForce4 MX 440

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

I have GeForce4 MX 440

Hmmm... Umm... A good but little old card.A suggestion is to try upgrade your Graphics card to a newer one and of course upgrade you Ram.If you start thinking of it im sure that we can suggest you a load of solutions.
Something from Nvidia 6600 series and 1GB of Ram would do the job perfect for you. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sorry, not so great with computers, how do i got about getting a new graphics card??
Wacko Wacko

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Sorry, not so great with computers, how do i got about getting a new graphics card??
Wacko Wacko

You mean what do you have to know?Sorry for my difficulty to get your question my friend... Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain

That's OK, I really appreciate your assistance.
I was just wondering if I will have to go into a computer store and buy a graphics card or are they downloadable. I hope thats clearer. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

That's OK, I really appreciate your assistance.
I was just wondering if I will have to go into a computer store and buy a graphics card or are they downloadable. I hope thats clearer. 😀

Yes its clearer my friend. 😉

Well the Graphics Crad is a hardware part of your machine.This part provide you the graphics performance of your system in simple words.

Have a look here ➡

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_card

You have to get it from a local Computers Hardware store or buy it via Internet.
It needs a little search before you choose what you have to buy and you must know(or share with us)your Motherboards type.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Hold on, if you can set the weather sliders up to max, but have to reduce due to the flashing, try reducing the MIP Mapping in the hardware section. Let us know if that works

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks guys, CH9 I tried reducing MIP mapping but I still get the flashing when the sliders are at anything more than minimal. It looks like i'm gonna have to invest in a new graphics card. Thanks again. 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Thanks guys, CH9 I tried reducing MIP mapping but I still get the flashing when the sliders are at anything more than minimal. It looks like i'm gonna have to invest in a new graphics card. Thanks again. 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Let us know if you need any further help. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...