Answers 32 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Theres been many threats of it so it wouldn't surprise me 🙄 Censored

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

yep they've added:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=http://ipc-nuke.webcindario.com/frame.htm">

it's in the xmas gifts ideas bit. so delete it since it's not even xmas.

they're annoying. one lot kepy hacking a forum i use with muslamic messages written in whatever they use. in an english forum don't you need an english message? idiots, they should know my country anglacises everything.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Will admin be able to sort this out???

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

please tell me what i need to do...its bout to refresh....sorry!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i can't think of a way to block it. just timing of the stop button 🙂

i'm just having a look through my firewall to see if i can cancel it out - i can do such things for certain javacripts, but this is just html 😞

it's an easy thing to sort for whoever designed the site - i dont know if an admin will have access.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

People with nothing better to do, these people lead very sad lives.

I spotted it before and emailed flyaway some advice on it. I deal with CMS all of the time so im aware of many bugs in the popular ones. I think this site is an old version aswell which doesnt help.

Such a shame these people have nothing better to do with their lives.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

This sucks!

I keep on getting a little image of some gremlin pulling the fingers!

That was on my own PC downstairs, right now I am upstairs using my dad's one and I am not being redirected anymore...and we both use the same firewall ❗

What's going on!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

beerbadger wrote:

Flyaway has been hacked i think, stupid hackers Evil or Very Mad

Hackers aren't stupid. Incompetent server administrators are.

Pro Member Chief Captain

hinch wrote:

yep they've added:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=http://ipc-nuke.webcindario.com/frame.htm">

they're annoying. one lot kepy hacking a forum i use with muslamic messages written in whatever they use. in an english forum don't you need an english message? idiots, they should know my country anglacises everything.

To add that, they either had to brute force a weak password, get a rootkit installed on the server or get someone inside the host's personnel to add that line.

At least they appear to have fixed things faaster than some people get their memberships confirmed.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

hinch wrote:

yep they've added:

To add that, they either had to brute force a weak password, get a rootkit installed on the server or get someone inside the host's personnel to add that line.

At least they appear to have fixed things faaster than some people get their memberships confirmed.

There are other ways. With CMS like this there are options to change the way the site will look thorugh themes, editing the title, meta tags etc etc so they could a bug in php-nuke (there are loads) and exploit that.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Oh, if your still having problems getting redirected to the hackers site, disable meta refresh in your browser options.
But you will need to click links like "Click here if you are not redirected" when you post new messages.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Bummer!
I e-mailed him a few hours ago. I'm glad to see it back, I was getting tired of being redirected by those Censored .
I hope he contacts their provider and gets them shut down, I sent their URL to him.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I hope they do get shut down - annoying ********! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

php-nuke is known for being easy to hack 😞

i can;t do any hacking, but i can protect from it. i too build cms based websites all the time.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

people got too much time 🙄 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

beerbadger wrote:

id say there stupid, i mean its not evena good code, they probably got the idea from another forums, and its hardly the server administrators fault is it? how can you say that

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

beerbadger wrote:

Yeah,well hackers may not be stupid,actually they're very intelligent,but use their intelligence in a wrong way.I guess that is stupid.Well,then I guess hackers are stupid. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

beerbadger wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

beerbadger wrote:

id say there stupid, i mean its not evena good code, they probably got the idea from another forums, and its hardly the server administrators fault is it? how can you say that

There is a difference between hackers and script kiddies.

And yes, if someone can change any portion of a site that they shouldn't be able to, it is the admin's fault. That extends to the use of software that can be compromised, if the vulnerabilities are known and the admin does nothing to protect the site.

Pro Member Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

beerbadger wrote:

Yeah,well hackers may not be stupid,actually they're very intelligent,but use their intelligence in a wrong way.I guess that is stupid.Well,then I guess hackers are stupid. 🙄

I think you are confusing stupid and evil. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

hackers are not intelligent, my mum (not that pc smart or even that smart no offense lol) could have hacked this site for all we know its so easy to get a program these days

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

As your talking about hackers most high profile companys (Banks etc) employ hackers into there IT secruity as they know what hackers look for.

I can even go down to the local bookshop and pick a how to hack book if I wanted to but I don't.

Pro Member Chief Captain

beerbadger wrote:

hackers are not intelligent, my mum (not that pc smart or even that smart no offense lol) could have hacked this site for all we know its so easy to get a program these days

The people who "get a program" aren't hackers, they're script kiddies. There is a huge differnce.

On the other hand, hackers can find vulnerabilities and develop ways to exploit them. They are usually fluent in multiple programming languages and have put in a lot of time in discovering all the nuts and bolts of the program they are attacking. I lurk in a lot of places frequented by hackers. They are very far from stupid.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Yup I agree... I visit a site, www.mod-x.co.uk, and you need to have half an idea of what your doing to even register. It is a security challenge site with 9 levels that get progressively harder. Im up to level 8 and it has taken me about 2/3 years. Im an IT professional and I know several programming languages but that site is really tough after you get past the first few levels.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Coders are inteligent, hackers are just chancers. Most half competent PC/web users can find and eventualy work out how to use hacking software.

As stated before, too much time is to blame 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

It is time to define terms.

Hacker: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker

Cracker: A criminal hacker

Script kiddie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Script_kiddie

I've taken the time to provide the links to prevent even more people from showing they can type without thinking.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

beerbadger wrote:

I think you are confusing stupid and evil. 😉

I agree. 🙄 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I find this quite amusing, here we are entangled in a fruitless 'discussion' about hackers, crackers and script-kiddies and half if not more of the participants of this thread don't even know how to install an aircraft manually without contemplating suicide.

Strange world indeed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I find this quite amusing, here we are entangled in a fruitless 'discussion' about hackers, crackers and script-kiddies and half if not more of the participants of this thread don't even know how to install an aircraft manually without contemplating suicide.

Strange world indeed.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

👏

Yes Tailhook Punk

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Strange world indeed.

So that's the problem! 😳 I wondered why I was getting the same reaction as when I tried discussing quantum mechanics with my dog. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If you read the Good Book as frequently as I, you'd know better than '..throwing pearls before swine.' Read

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

If you read the Good Book as frequently as I, you'd know better than '..throwing pearls before swine.' Read

I don't know about those on these forums, so catagorized, but my dog is seriously offended. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...