C-172 training

Pro Member Trainee
sabrepoint Trainee

Hi

I’m using FS2004 and trying to learn to drive the vanilla C-172. I wondered whether there is any download available to remind me of the checks (eg: pre-take off; startup; downwind) I need to go through at the various stages. Maybe on-screen or audio prompts (which I’ll presumably need to type in prior). That way I should learn to do them all, and in sequence.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Maxi

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway sabrepoint! 🍻

I know nothing about the vanilla C-172 but many here do - a little patience and you'll be overwhelmed with good advice! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Following Tailhook ,i only can welcome you to Fly-Away. ❗ 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway Sabrepoint. 🍻

Real pilots accomplish the required checks with paper checklist instead of memorization or computers. Some more sophisticated aircraft have electronic checklists displays similar to what you already have in Flight Simulator. The real pilots must still call up the proper checklist at the proper time on the display unit. Learning to read the correct checklist at the proper time is part of learning to fly. The electronic knee board is handy or you can construct your own paper checklist using the knee boards format. You can use pre-printed checklists, below are links for free checklists. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

learn in this bad boy:

i wish i had it when i was learning. it's a bargain, and it also goes through checklists with you.

Pro Member Trainee
sabrepoint Trainee

Thanks guys.

You can see why I'm only a 'trainee'. I got FS a couple of weeks ago, had a look at features and promptly forgot about the kneepad checklist! Embarassed It looks like it will do the trick.

Cheers
Maxim

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...