FS & Actual Flight Training

Pro Member Trainee
Katana Trainee

I'm starting my flight training very soon. Also, I have just started familiarizing my self with FS.

I'm wondering if FS is of great advantage to the the actually training.

I understand it can help with the instrument training, but does it benefit a student in his private or commercial course and how.

Thanks a lot for your openion

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

i sure hope it does

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

As you stated, FS is of greatest value during instrument rating training but it's also useful for some basic VFR tasks. Learning the basics of the VOR, ADF and to a point, GPS systems. Airport signage,airport lights, basic function of flight controls and flight instruments. Basic pitch power relationships and other items. The input of your Instructor will help you avoid learning/practicing tasks incorrectly so that you don't learn bad habits. Flight Simulator can be a good tool to help illustrate the function and effects of aircraft flight controls and instruments. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Katana Trainee

It is really good to know it is helpful. Thank you CRJ Captain and Taylor.

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

Welcome Katana! 😀 😀 😀

calvin_nz Guest

Just be carefull, because all your PPL & CPL training will be done VFR, which is "Eyes Outside" and FS will get you in the habit of looking at the instruments more than any instructor will let you.

M15 Guest

And when you use yoke + rudder pedals...Do these make the actual flight experience more realistic or is it still way too different from the real deal and make FS only useful for learning instruments and basic flight rules?

CaptainKW Guest

Im pretty sure it does!

My friend played Flightsim from wen he was about 10 and whilst he did his flight training. Subsequently on his 16th birthday he became the youngest ever person in the UK to pass his Pilot exam.

It was actually on 11 sept 2001 aswell.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...