Oops, Better to be safe than sorry

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota: B -1 Bomber Hangar Foam Fire Extinguishing System test. The test was only suppose to last a few seconds. 😂

http://www.filespoint.com/point/8267410/DK73FOAM.ppt.html

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Nice find there 👍

Reminds me of the good old foam party's I used to goto. They where so much fun

Liono.......Party hard

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Great find! ROFL

Actually, the system appears to have functioned properly. The test is supposed to last long enough to obtain a minimum of 1 meter of foam throughout the hangar bay. And it must do so in 4-minutes or less. This system did so in 2-minutes, but the foam supply was not shut off for 8-minutes(?).

Story I heard was the guy who was supposed to shut off the foam decided it would be a good idea to watch the test from inside the hangar. . . . apparently it wasn't a "good idea."

This is also "old news" the test was back around August of '05.[/code]

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...