Safe Mode Problem again

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

Ok guys, so I reconfigured my desktop and accidentally deleted the desktop icon. now the game won't let me get out of safe mode without it. Is there any way that I could get rid of safe mode without having to use any of the disks to reinstall anything?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

< Alt + Enter > Idea

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

tried it last time and it didn't do anything

DME43 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

< Alt + Enter > Idea

You told me to change from safe mode to mornal mode as well, but when i changed it, it went from windowed screen to full screen

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

DME43 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

< Alt + Enter > Idea

You told me to change from safe mode to mornal mode as well, but when i changed it, it went from windowed screen to full screen

That's what it is supposed to do. So if your in Full screen mode now, try this:

Exit FS completely. Next, load FS again via the: Start Menu / All Programs / Microsoft Games / Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 / Troubleshooting / Safe Mode.

Once FS has loaded, you'll be in 'windowed screen' Idea
To revert to Normal Mode (Full screen) press < Alt + Enter >.

DME43 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

DME43 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

< Alt + Enter > Idea

That's what it is supposed to do. So if your in Full screen mode now, try this:

Exit FS completely. Next, load FS again via the: Start Menu / All Programs / Microsoft Games / Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 / Troubleshooting / Safe Mode.

Once FS has loaded, you'll be in 'windowed screen' Idea
To revert to Normal Mode (Full screen) press < Alt + Enter >.

so your implying that if FS is in a windowed screen, it is in safe mode and if its in full screen mode its in normal mode? 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Roger that. In Safe Mode FS only loads essentials, you should see a deterioration of your graphics display when in Safe Mode.

Very often when you experience a CTD, running FS in Safe Mode will work - but of course it's not the ideal solution.

Remember not to confuse Windowed Mode with Full Mode while displaying only the Menu bar at the top.
Let me put it another way: When you're in proper, full mode, you shouldn't see any part of a window or the taskbar or the menu bar on top of your screen.
Now press < Alt > and the game will pause and display the Menu bar on top for you to make changes if you wish. THIS IS NOT THE SAFE (windowed) MODE!!
Press < Alt > again and the Menu bar on top disappears and you can continue flying.

Make sense? 😀

DME43 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

Roger that. In Safe Mode FS only loads essentials, you should see a deterioration of your graphics display when in Safe Mode.

Very often when you experience a CTD, running FS in Safe Mode will work - but of course it's not the ideal solution.

Remember not to confuse Windowed Mode with Full Mode while displaying only the Menu bar at the top.
Let me put it another way: When you're in proper, full mode, you shouldn't see any part of a window or the taskbar or the menu bar on top of your screen.
Now press < Alt > and the game will pause and display the Menu bar on top for you to make changes if you wish. THIS IS NOT THE SAFE (windowed) MODE!!
Press < Alt > again and the Menu bar on top disappears and you can continue flying.

Make sense? 😀

Yes thanks 🙂

how do i get  back  to normal  mode  i am  not  getting  real  weather

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...