Landing Touchdown / Speed

Guest Guest

Hello,

Is there a way to see your landing speed and touchdown fpm without FS Passengers? Sometimes I like to just mess around and now that I have FSP I'm always wondering what my exact speeds and touchdown rates are.....

Thanks!

Eric

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Eric,

You can record your flight and watch it back slowly and see your descent rate and landing speed etc, or you can look at the Flight Analysis and get some information from that 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to see your landing speed and touchdown fpm without FS Passengers? Sometimes I like to just mess around and now that I have FSP I'm always wondering what my exact speeds and touchdown rates are.....

Thanks!

Eric

You can do all of this without FSPax in real time... am I wrong?

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

You are right.

Just do it like Chief Captain Jon suggeted. Watch the flight on Instant Replay.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Michael_H wrote:

You are right.

Just do it like Chief Captain Jon suggeted. Watch the flight on Instant Replay.

I was actually thinking of yet another option, hence my "...am I wrong?"

While you're flying, landing or doing you're barrell rolls and as an accomplished pilot manage to keep an eye on your instruments, shouldn't you be able to see exactly what's going on?

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

While you're flying, landing or doing you're barrell rolls and as an accomplished pilot manage to keep an eye on your instruments, shouldn't you be able to see exactly what's going on?

🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Michael_H wrote:

🍻

I take this as a Yes then? Umm...

Sorry about the 'Quotes', I have to practice.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Thats true, but when you are landing, you only glance at instruments to make sure everything is running normally, and then when you are close to the threshold you look out for visual cues to land the aircraft - so you can't really notice too much about your exact -fpm and landing speed etc, and not everyone is an accomplished pilot, so it is good for practicing 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to see your landing speed and touchdown FPM without FS Passengers? Sometimes I like to just mess around and now that I have FSP I'm always wondering what my exact speeds and touchdown rates are.....

Eric

In the default MSFS 2004, there is no report of your landing speed or touchdown rate of descent. 🙂

Guest Guest

Thanks guys for the advice. I have been using instant replay to view my "approximate" landing speed and -fpm. I guess I just thought it was a nice touch that FSP tells you exactly what you were doing.

Thanks again for the replies!

Eric

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Check this gauge out it will give you some data, don't know that it quite what you are looking for.

Collects and displays a number of takeoff and landing roll parameters, including ground roll, obstacle length, nominal runway length and touchdown vertical speed, all in metric or US measure. Easy to use one button ARM operation, just like in v1.0. The gauge disarms automatically on take off, and when you slow to taxi speed on landing. This is a bitmap gauge which can be installed in FS2004 (FS9) or FS2002 aircraft. (1000+ downloads of v1.0)

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=runwayroll.zip&CatID=fs2004gau&Go=Search

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...