Any place to get these High Detailed Charts for US Airports?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Like this...

I noticed that a lot of countries use these great full color charts, I've also found charts for these korean airports that show actual parking spots and how charts for movement on the taxiways for both arrival's and departures.

You can check them out here...

Or do we all have to settle for the bland low detail black and white charts here in the US?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

In the US, you are lucky you can see the charts at all. I don't know what was used to create them, but some of the airports have charts that are not 100% PDF compliant. Fortunately, the Adobe Reader can render them, so on a PC you won't notice a problem. However, on my Palm T|X, airports like KVNY look like poop. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Jeppesen charts have color but only in mountainous areas. Simulated charts are available. 🙂

SimCharts

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

www.myairplane.com

These have incredibly detailed charts in PDF format, updated monthly, for every airport in the US (not including the smaller municipals).

It is true that most of them are in black and white, but the colors really are just for show. Detailed to me means they have to have ALL the information you need!

To find the more colorful ones try KLAS charts, KCOS, or pretty much any approach that involves terrain evasion!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Yeah I use airnav and myairplane all the time, I use the FSWidgets Electronic flight bag, so before I fly to an area I always download all the charts for the area, I just find that foreign charts are so much more appealing. 🙂

Btw I really suggest it great thing, I can load up all my charts while flying, study them, also you can load up any manuals or any htm files or pdf files. You can also go online and get radar, metar reports and everything.

http://fswidgets.com/screens/efb2004/index.html

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Wow, that does look handy! You very well may have persuaded me on another purchase... 😉

It's true, looking at full color approach plates can be really pleasing to the eye. Although at this point, I fly so many international 747 flights with UVA that just to find an international chart is a miracle for me! I seem to only pick off the map destinations... 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...