can't change any display settings :[

captain salmon Guest

I just got this game and I can't change any of the sliders in the display settings menu, meaning I have to play this normally gorgeous game looking like a NES game 😞

What can I do to resolve the problem? I can set my resolution just fine, but all the sliders are locked default to the very lowest setting, no matter how much i click and slide the damn things. Any help would be greatly appreciated for this novice pilot!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fortunately for both of us you have a problem that can be easily solved.
This link will do it.
Let us know how you do.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836185/en-us

Radar

captain salmon Guest

This cured the issue! Thank you very much for pointing this solution out to me. 🙂

Now to get AA working properly..

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Great to hear that it worked.
Try an AA setting of 4x for an ATI card or 2x or a NVIDIA card.
Don't check AA in the settings section of the sim.
Keep your mip-map at 4, the most 5 and that should rid you of the dreaded jaggies.
Let us know how you do.

Radar

captain salmon Guest

I've yet to be able to use my nice AA settings for the game 😞
Even with the option turned off, or on at the same time as the external AA settings, there's no real difference and I still get the horrible jaggies, but now the visual quality is much improved from setting all the sliders after solving the earlier problem.

Thanks so much for the prompt responses! I'd love to sign up here, but my PayPal account is on a spend limit thing which I can't remedy at the moment :[

Another thing: Are there any good, free mods to download for sprucing up the general textures all over the world, and the buildings etc.? Is there a big pack that has loads of them? Many thanks! 🙂

Captain S

captain salmon Guest

😀 many thanks RadarMan. this is a brilliant site you run.

I'm completely new to FS but I'm getting well into it now. Might have to take a look at some of the expansion sets 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The more you add the better it becomes.
Many of the add-ons will change the sim, bring an entirely new life to it.
I just have a few but they changed the sim the minute I launched it for the first look.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...