megascenery?

Faucett's Best Guest

I purchased Megascenery - Pacific Northwest a while back, but have since had a new hard drive and gfx card installed. I wasn't too impressed the first time around, but I'm sure it will look better now. It was such a huge add-on, however, that I am hesitant to reinstall. Does anybody think it will look good enough on this system to justify it?

amd 64 3500+
ati radeon x800, 256mb pci-e
1 gig ram
200 gig hdd.

thanks so much ❗

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Judging from your system specs it should show up looking much better and render much faster also.
If you have any problems come back and see if any of us can help.

Did you see this post?

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/14426/sale-now-2-of-megasceneryusa/

Radar

Faucett's Best Guest

Thanks a lot. I think I have no choice but to give it another whirl. Say goodbye to my quick virus scans, however.

From the screenshots on the megascenery site, it looks like they had the water on low settings. This would be a good idea, no?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Put it at medium, see what your FPS readings are and judge from there if you want to boost it up or down.
The only way to tell is to play around with the settings.
Increasing one and decreasing or shutting down another.

Radar

Faucett's Best Guest

tweaks-r-us!! Hack

Faucett's Best Guest

Installing MegaScenery PNW. It is going to ask me if I want it to change my FS performance settings. I have it tweaked out pretty well now, should I allow it? Does anybody know if it detects hardware?

thanks ❗

Faucett's Best Guest

wow. forget the above post, PNW got to about 50% and then crashed because of a corrupted file. I couldn't even let the setup ignore it. Had to delete everything. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...