Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

I have a question

Marrok Guest

OK now this is somewhat about the new flight sim X but not entirly so here it is lol.

Ok insted of buying a COMPLEATLY new comp " I plan to sometime next year anyway and I will be keeping the comp I have now anyway." I want to be able to play flight sim X in my current PC but seeing as how there is no system requirments as of now I dont know excatly what I need. as memmory goes I have a stick of 512 and a stick of 128. but the real prob is that as for a video card well lets say I dont have one lol. I have whats called onboard video which is about the lowest amount of video you can get lol. is there any way to upgrade it? to the point it would support flight sim X or atleast make flight sim 9 look Great lol.

thanks
Brian

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you have an AGP socket (long brown) or if your computer is fairly new it might have a PCI express socket you can disable your onboard card and install the new one.

Problem: The majority of computers sold today by the major manufacturers are made for surfing the net, a word processor or simple games and have a basic mother-board that isn't upgradeable.
Run this app http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html and let us see the results.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Marrok wrote:

OK now this is somewhat about the new flight sim X but not entirly so here it is lol.

Ok insted of buying a COMPLEATLY new comp " I plan to sometime next year anyway and I will be keeping the comp I have now anyway." I want to be able to play flight sim X in my current PC but seeing as how there is no system requirments as of now I dont know excatly what I need. as memmory goes I have a stick of 512 and a stick of 128. but the real prob is that as for a video card well lets say I dont have one lol. I have whats called onboard video which is about the lowest amount of video you can get lol. is there any way to upgrade it? to the point it would support flight sim X or atleast make flight sim 9 look Great lol.

thanks
Brian

Most motherboards let you add a proper GFX card. Check your mobo's site for details. It will most likely improve your fs9 experience.
Re FSX -- I have decided to not speculate too much and just sit down and wait. Otherwise I'll hear angels singing where there are none 😀

marok Guest

OK I got the results what part of them do you want to see? just tell me what you want to or need to see and I will post it.

thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

marok wrote:

OK I got the results what part of them do you want to see? just tell me what you want to or need to see and I will post it.

thanks

Just paste the entire readout here.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

The lines under Operating System & System Model.

Not anything else under Users & printers.

marok Guest

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Compaq Presario 061 DK331A-ABA S4010OM NA250 0n31411RE101GLEND10
System Serial Number: MXM32408W9
Enclosure Type: Other
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.40 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: TriGem Computer Inc. Glendale motherboard
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies LTD 6.00 04/25/2003
Drives Memory Modules c,d
40.01 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
24.87 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8523B
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD400EB-00CPF0 [Hard drive] (40.02 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WMAATD166055, rev 06.04G06, SMART Status: Healthy 504 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'J5G3' is Empty
Slot 'J5G2' has 512 MB
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 40.01 GB 24.87 GB free

Network Drives
None detected

Controllers Display
Standard floppy disk controller
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller]
Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller [Display adapter]
COMPAQ 7500 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, March 2003)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tell us what it writes under Main Board Circuit beside Board.

Is this ➡ TriGem Computer Inc. Glendale motherboard or anything more or else?

marok Guest

Main Circuit Board b
2.40 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: TriGem Computer Inc. Glendale motherboard
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies LTD 6.00 04/25/2003

is this what you wanted?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I cant find neither the PC's model in Compaq's site neither the Motherboard.Probably miss of searching Embarassed ...Although i believe that it has an AGP socket.

marok Guest

Greekman72 wrote:

I cant find neither the PC's model in Compaq's site neither the Motherboard.Probably miss of searching Embarassed ...Although i believe that it has an AGP socket.

so are you saying its able to be upgraded I dont know too much about comps lol. thanks

thanks
Brian

marok Guest

Bump... I still dont know lol. can anyone help?

thanks'

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well since i cant help because i didn't find any clues about your system,and in order to not be disappointed from this forums,the only solution that pass through my mind is to open your case and take a close shot of your motherboard and share it here.

Yes i know it sound ridiculous but cant think of or find any other way to help you. Dont Know Sorry 😞

Marok Guest

Greekman72 wrote:

Well since i cant help because i didn't find any clues about your system,and in order to not be disappointed from this forums,the only solution that pass through my mind is to open your case and take a close shot of your motherboard and share it here.

Yes i know it sound ridiculous but cant think of or find any other way to help you. Dont Know Sorry 😞

Ok tell me what to look for and I will look

Pro Member Trainee
Gromit Trainee

You're looking for this

It's a long brown slot next to a bunch of tan ones...keep in mind the layout of your motherboard may be different. This is a pic of a generic mobo...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I don't understand one bit of all this 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Your CPU is a 2.40 gigahertz Intel Celeron (will need upgrading soon).

Your BIOS is more than 3 years old - and... it's a Compaq.

I used to own a Presario. Compaqs are notoriously underpowered straight out of the factory. Upgrade possibilities are very limited.

Big brand computers like Compaq, Hewlett Packard, Dell etc. use mostly Proprietary Parts which means you may have to find and accept a graphics card built by Compaq or especially for your brand/type of computer.

Proprietary parts cost much more, obviously.

My suggestion: Save your dough - upgrading your current machine is a waste of money. Your HDD is only 40Gig - you'll need a bigger one soon and you'll have to increase your RAM. Soon you'll be wanting a larger Monitor.

Enjoy and make do with what you have at the moment and buy a new computer next year as you have mentioned in your OP. Wait at least until FSX has been released so you'll have an idea what the minimum system requirements are.

Everybody has different needs. After my experience with a Compac Presario I decided never to buy another Brand Computer again. Brand Computers seem inexpensive when you buy them. As soon as you start upgrading though, you'll feel the pain.

Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

Everybody has different needs. After my experience with a Compac Presario I decided never to buy another Brand Computer again. Brand Computers seem inexpensive when you buy them. As soon as you start upgrading though, you'll feel the pain.

Brand computers are made for people who barely know how to click the mouse. They want to get on AOL, check email, and surf for porn. They will never open the case. I think Dell makes at least one aimed at gamers and Alienware specializes in them but they are expensive. Dell makes a good computer but you have to understand the market it's aimed at.

I agree with you. He needs to save for a new computer and then either build it himself or go to a local computer company and tell them his needs and budget.

marok Guest

I plan to have a compter built for me by a relitive so its all worked out he will build me one as soon as FSX comes out lol

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions