Ok let me explain myself with 4 examples, here are my waypoints:
VADEK: FL320 (CRUISE ALTITUDE)
1) Ok, so we are in an A320/A330 and are climbing. We are over waypoint LORNI at FL220 and we enter in the MCDU STEP CLIMB (not at all realistic) from FL220 to FL330/MERUE. So the plane will go directely to FL330 till MERUE (we have entered FL330 managed in the FCU) and will automatically set FL330 as our new cruise altitude and will change waypoints SOKMU, KEREX, ROUEN to FL330, am I right for question 1?
2) You are at MERUE FL320, you cruise altitude and you change manually the altitude of KEREX to FL330, the plane will automatically set FL330 as new cruise altitude (with FL330 managed selected in the FCU). The plane will automatically change altitude of waypoint ROUEN to FL330. Am I right for question 2?
3) You are at SOKMU FL320 and you enter manually in the FMS KEREX FL170, but leave ROUEN as FL320. The plane will not descend and will delete altitude constraint of KEREX FL170. Am I right for question 3?
4) You are at MERUE FL320 (cruise altitude) and you enter in the FMS FL170 at SOKMU but leave ROUEN and KEREX at FL320. You enter FL30 in the FCU. The plane will start descending. But will it consider SOKMU as TOD and will automatocally change the other waypoints? What will happen for question 4?
PS: And if possible but less important:
5) What is the use of HOT BUS? Does it only work when BATTERIES are OFF???
6) How do we charge the BATTERIES?
7) How do we charge the emergency generator?
Thanks a lot!