A few FSX questions

Pro Member Trainee
Brian B. (valcan222) Trainee

Hey everyone, I have a quick question,,, ok first off I have windows vista premimum 2 gigs of ram and a gts 8800 640mb video card, i hope thats all you need to know, but anyways heres the prob, the graphics in Fsx are great but if i ever go from one airport on a cross country or somthing it seems and teh senery dosent follow it all just turns to a blur for example,,,, I took a flight from redmond oregon KRDM to portland KPDX When I took off from redmond it looked great!!!!!! when I got to KPDX I couldent even make out the airport it was all simply a green and brown blur no detail no anything!!!! how can i fix this??? that is my first question,

Question Two when ever i go from place to place most of the time it says that your computer has run out of avalible memory and fsx crashes how can i fix this? more ram or what? any suggestions?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

valcan222 wrote:

Hey everyone, I have a quick question,,, ok first off I have windows vista premimum 2 gigs of ram and a gts 8800 640mb video card, i hope thats all you need to know, but anyways heres the prob, the graphics in Fsx are great but if i ever go from one airport on a cross country or somthing it seems and teh senery dosent follow it all just turns to a blur for example,,,, I took a flight from redmond oregon KRDM to portland KPDX When I took off from redmond it looked great!!!!!! when I got to KPDX I couldent even make out the airport it was all simply a green and brown blur no detail no anything!!!! how can i fix this??? that is my first question,

Question Two when ever i go from place to place most of the time it says that your computer has run out of avalible memory and fsx crashes how can i fix this? more ram or what? any suggestions?

Do you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed? Actually the beta 32 bit Vista driver seems to work well. Do you have SP1 installed? Do you use any 'tweaks' in your fsx.cfg file? If not you may need to start. Regarding your memory question, do you have your page file turned off? If so you need to enable it. I don't know how to check it in Vista off the top of my head unfortunately.

Pro Member Trainee
JG3Bulldog Trainee

Check your autogen and enviroment settings.
Your PC sounds OK and should not need more RAM
Sounds as if your memory does need to be freed up more though.

Pro Member Trainee
Brian B. (valcan222) Trainee

so how do i free it up?? and no I am not useing any tweeks I just have sp1 installed so any other suggestions?

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

See if any unwanted programmes are running in your taskbar. Sometimes keeping those programmes on results in loss of memory.

Pro Member Trainee
Daniel_spitzner Trainee

Hi valcan222!
There is many ways via softwares to free up memory on your pc or laptop.
I use myself the tool TuneUp MemOptimizer that is integrated via TuneUp Utilities.
Or you can try out SpeedUpMyPC 3.
You have the ability with TuneUp Utilities to choose the amount of memory you want to increase and there for you do it manually simply drag a slider to the right.
Since you have plenty of RAM you really won´t need this hint actually.
As the other reply´s says, try to give a priority to FSX.
Processes that you don´t need or isn´t for the OS to keep it running, simply terminate them to have available ram at your back to such as FSX that is swallow all the memory 😉
Cheers./

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...