Perhaps I'm overlooking the obvious...

Pro Member Trainee
Gromit Trainee

...but I stumped as to how to fix this.

In the process of painting Carenado's Piper Archer, I've discovered I can't figure out how to paint the rear end of the fuselage to match up with the stripe on the top. Here's a pic to demonstrate what I'm referring to...the area that needs to be painted is in between the dotted lines:

I can't seem to find that area on the template; or at least I don't know how to mark it off for painting if it's actually on the side fuselage template.

Here's the template I'm using: Carenado Template

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Hi,
Thought if you extended the red stripe to the very end of the fuselage that that would have done the trick - as under -

-but that seems so obvious that you have probably tried without success.
I do not have the Caranedo Archer so can't go much further but I do notice in all the site images of the Archer, that part of the fuselage does not appear with any paint on it. Also note that they have recently offered an upgraded paintkit for the FS2004 Archer.
Not much help?

Pro Member Trainee
Gromit Trainee

davec wrote:

Hi,
Thought if you extended the red stripe to the very end of the fuselage that that would have done the trick - as under -

-but that seems so obvious that you have probably tried without success.
I do not have the Caranedo Archer so can't go much further but I do notice in all the site images of the Archer, that part of the fuselage does not appear with any paint on it. Also note that they have recently offered an upgraded paintkit for the FS2004 Archer.
Not much help?

Embarassed I knew it was something obvious.

Cheers, davec! 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...