Big problem with world.cab file

Pro Member Trainee
uklayton Trainee

I have recently had towipe my hards drive due to the lovely sasser worm. So had to reinstall FS 2004 but have only recently discoved No-CD .exe files, so due to that my disk 4 has some considerable wear and tear on it. Think that is what has corrupted my world.cab file and also a few of the other city .cab files.

Can anyone help me out with some advise? Dont really wanna spend anouther £50 on a new game.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
dylan Trainee

uklayton wrote:

I have recently had towipe my hards drive due to the lovely sasser worm. So had to reinstall FS 2004 but have only recently discoved No-CD .exe files, so due to that my disk 4 has some considerable wear and tear on it. Think that is what has corrupted my world.cab file and also a few of the other city .cab files.

Can anyone help me out with some advise? Dont really wanna spend anouther £50 on a new game.

Same exact problem here. I had to reinstall flight sim and it would stop at 96% and ask me to abort, ingnore, or retry. I would retry numerous times and at my luck, nothing happened. Called MS and they want a few dollars for a replacement. Still haven't found a solution. Oh well, Good luck with yours. -Dylan

sharkfan12 Guest

Yep same prob here, just hired out FS2004 from a video shop, gets to 97% and doesn't like the world.cab file......Damn!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway uklayton! 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway dylan! 🍻

Guest737 Guest

Hey i have the exact same problem now, although it stops at 97% world.cab is corrupt any suggestions Microsoft cant send replacements to Australia although i hav to contact a microsoft center in australia.

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

It is 280 Mb and it is not end of th world. I can try to send it via messenger

I have had the same problem! how do i fix this, please please please! i so need help with this....world.cab problems grrrr

philbrownnz Guest

Hi Rafi, you said you could email the world.cab file out? Seems a number of us have the problem so would be really great!
Phil (phil.brown@xtra.co.nz)

hikoki Guest

hey,
I have had the same problem too. There is something wrong on the cd then. Just contact MS support, you'll get an other cd for free!! Or if you can get an other cd from anyone else it's ok too.

Cya

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

I send U an e-mail on that matter. I could not deliver it (size)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...