Uluru

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

How/where do I find Uluru (the rock) in Australia ❓

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Alice Springs at 25°20′41″S, 131°01′57″E.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Out of curiosity, does mcmxl mean something or is it Roman numerals for 1440?

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

mcm=my initials, xl=excel (a phone company I worked for). mcmxl is also part of my email address. 😀 🙂 😂

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

The closest airport to Uluru/Ayeres Rock is Connellan (YAYE)

With clear weather, you can see the rock from the runway.

There is a much better photorealtic scenery file of the rock available here: http://www.virtualvfr.com/fsim/ayers_rock.zip

This package includes an accurate satellite textured gmax model of Uluru, improved landclass for the surrounding area, updated roads, and lots of photoreal tour buses. I've also included the old airfield at the north eastern side of the rock. It has been closed and re-vegetated but you can still land (very bumpily) on the sand. Don't try and land on the rock itself, you'll find it's not quite as solid as it looks... The rock turns an especially beautiful shade of red at sunset, and the observation carpark is an extremely popular place to see it from.

Hope this helps 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...