Aircraft pulling to one side on the runway

Gorbee Guest

I am having a problem with some aircraft, not only addons but the flight sim9
aircraft from time to time.
Some times the planes vear right on the runway/I have callibrated the joy stick but I am unable to get some of the callibrations to go to there limmits.
I am using a logic 3 joy stick could it be the joy stick that is causing the problem 😀
Thanks in advance

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Is it with all aircraft, or just the propellor aircraft you fly?

If it is all aircraft, then I'm not too sure other than calibrating your joystick, also you might like to turn off Autorudder.

If it is just propellor aircraft, then it is probably the Slipstream Effect. If you don't want this, then go to the Aircraft menu, and then Realism and turn off the sliders on the top left hand side 😉

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

Have you considered crosswinds. Try taking away the wind.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

This happens to me from time to time.

Don't know why, don't know how to fix it.

Just letting you know you aint the only one with the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pro Member Trainee
chrissie Trainee

Don't forget if you're on final approach(landing), switch your panel from GPS to NAV, if not, your plane will vear to either side and you will crash.

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

this sometimes happens to me, the conclusion i have come to is that i sometimes apply the throttle too fast, try raising the throttle more slowly

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

If it isn't the joystick that needs calibrating then its probably the slip stream effect which can be disabled in the realism settings by lowering the sliders.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Gorbee wrote:

I am having a problem with some aircraft, not only addons but the flight sim9
aircraft from time to time.
Some times the planes vear right on the runway/I have callibrated the joy stick but I am unable to get some of the callibrations to go to there limmits.
I am using a logic 3 joy stick could it be the joy stick that is causing the problem 😀
Thanks in advance

It would help to know if this happens on takeoff or landing.

Pro Member Trainee
KEEGAN GRIFFIN (KEEGAN) Trainee

It happens to me sometimes when i takeoff

have u edited your fuel before takeoff like i have done sometimes
i mastakely put to much fuel on one side the on the otherside a lower amount i just edit themn to make them even that should work
it did with me 😉

Abronsius Guest

I have the same problem... aircraft is turning to the left, sometimes to the right when trying to gain speed for the take off or when trying to slow down after landing. I did a bit of a research and I think it's a bug. With clear weather I have no problems at all, aircraft goes straight during take off or landing. But when I change the weather scenario (to cold fronts for example) the plane becomes impossible to control on the ground... when airborn everything is fine again. It's not joystick related because I've tried with keyboard as well (disconnecting the joystick) and the same problem accoured... plane does a very sharp turn and gets thrown of the runway.

It happens with all planes so it's not a propwash problem.

Pro Member Trainee
YellowC4S Trainee

I too have the same problem

Abronsius Guest

I just did some more testing with user defined weather and I can clearly see that this problem only accoures with windy conditions. Make sense in a way I guess but still this is a bit harsh to get your plane thrown off the runway after about 10 meters with mild winds (8kts). It's almost impossible to correct it with rudder because it pulls sharply to the left or right.

Is there any solution for this strange happening?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The default flight with the Cold Front weather scenario results in a cross wind component of 8-9 knots. For a Cessna 172, it's flyable with the correct technique and preferably rudder pedals. At a minimum, you should have a joy stick that twists for rudder actuation.

Pro Member Trainee
P14u2nv Trainee

Have you checked to make sure your rudder is indeed centered? This is NOT a joystick problem at all as it seems many have the same issue. Check while in the cockpit the rudder adjustment dial as a few degrees of the wheel dialed in either way is enough to turn an aircraft especiallyon take off. I have noticed on quite a few aircraft this is the case.

I have also had to add some rudder to counter torque as that is a given on many single prop aircraft in FS9. Just a few ideas...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...