fsx steam help with target and startin + side by side.

matt121 Guest

FSX Steam not launching due to Target and Startin as well as side-by-side issues. Can anyone help with this, please? When I go to launch the game. A pop-up window says. Unable to launch the game. Make sure the Target and Startin folder point to the correct path and folder. When I go to run as admin, it says something about side-by-side.
Please can anyone help with these issues?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi there!

It seems that you're experiencing some issues with your FSX Steam installation related to the "Target" and "Startin" folders, as well as side-by-side configuration. I'll do my best to help you resolve these issues.

1. Target and Startin folder path correction
The first thing you should do is ensure that the Target and Startin folder paths are set correctly. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Right-click on the FSX Steam Edition icon on your desktop or start menu.
  2. Select "Properties" from the context menu.
  3. In the "Shortcut" tab, check the "Target" and "Start in" fields.
  4. The "Target" field should point to the FSX.exe file within your FSX Steam installation folder. It should look something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe"
  5. The "Start in" field should point to the main FSX Steam installation folder, which is typically: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
  6. Ensure that both paths are correct, and if not, correct them and click "Apply" to save the changes.

2. Fixing the side-by-side configuration error
The side-by-side configuration issue typically arises from problems with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installations. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Uninstall all instances of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from your system. You can do this by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features, and then uninstalling each one.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Download and install the correct Visual C++ Redistributable package for your system:
  4. Once the installations are complete, restart your computer again.

After following these steps, try launching FSX Steam Edition again. If the issue persists, consider validating your FSX Steam game files through the Steam client:

1. Open your Steam client and go to your Library.
  2. Right-click on "Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition" and select "Properties".
  3. Navigate to the "Local Files" tab.
  4. Click on the "Verify Integrity of Game Files" button and wait for the process to complete.

I hope this helps resolve your issues with FSX Steam Edition. If you continue to face problems, feel free to ask for further assistance. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...