flying with the keyboard (FS2004)

Pro Member Trainee
rob2492 Trainee

I am trying to figure out how to center the stick vertically using keyboard controls. There is a center for yaw and bank (num 5) but how do I know where to center the elevators? How does the keyboard behave with respect to pitch? For instance does the stick automatically center slowly
after pressing (num 😎 several times, or does it stay there?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your much better off with a joystick but you can print out the keyboard commands, they do come in handy.
I did it long ago.

http://www.scenery.org/_downloads/fs2004keys.zip

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

rob2492 wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to center the stick vertically using keyboard controls. There is a center for yaw and bank (num 5) but how do I know where to center the elevators? How does the keyboard behave with respect to pitch? For instance does the stick automatically center slowly
after pressing (num 😎 several times, or does it stay there?

whether stick or keyboard, set one input to elevator trim up, and another input to elevator trim down in settings > controls > assignments. Use these in correlation with your airspeed, and you should be able to enjoy level flight. 😎

Pro Member Trainee
Nes (Nes) Trainee

nice summary, more practice will make you easier to fly the plane with keyboard... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Sorry but you'll never fly properly with the keyboard....

I persistently tired (being an eighties boy and having never failed with my ZX spectrum) but failed miserably Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

kianok wrote:

Sorry but you'll never fly properly with the keyboard....

I persistently tired (being an eighties boy and having never failed with my ZX spectrum) but failed miserably Crying or Very sad

Thats true get CH or joystick. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

i have CH yoke and rudder pedals...

HIGHLY recommended... it was worth every penny. 😎

but even if you dont want all that.. a joystick would do.. flying by the keyboard isn't just impossibly difficult, but it's also very un-realistic.

after i got the yoke and pedals i couldnt believe what i had been missing... i can never go back to keyboarding in flightsim, lol

..the difference is enourmous, that's all i can say

😀 good luck with what you decide 👍

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

i brought a sidewinder 3d pro for $10 and it works fine 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...