SearchSearch 

flying with the keyboard (FS2004)

Pro Member Trainee
rob2492 Trainee

I am trying to figure out how to center the stick vertically using keyboard controls. There is a center for yaw and bank (num 5) but how do I know where to center the elevators? How does the keyboard behave with respect to pitch? For instance does the stick automatically center slowly
after pressing (num 😎 several times, or does it stay there?

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your much better off with a joystick but you can print out the keyboard commands, they do come in handy.
I did it long ago.

http://www.scenery.org/_downloads/fs2004keys.zip

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

rob2492 wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to center the stick vertically using keyboard controls. There is a center for yaw and bank (num 5) but how do I know where to center the elevators? How does the keyboard behave with respect to pitch? For instance does the stick automatically center slowly
after pressing (num 😎 several times, or does it stay there?

whether stick or keyboard, set one input to elevator trim up, and another input to elevator trim down in settings > controls > assignments. Use these in correlation with your airspeed, and you should be able to enjoy level flight. 😎

Pro Member Trainee
Nes (Nes) Trainee

nice summary, more practice will make you easier to fly the plane with keyboard... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Sorry but you'll never fly properly with the keyboard....

I persistently tired (being an eighties boy and having never failed with my ZX spectrum) but failed miserably Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

kianok wrote:

Sorry but you'll never fly properly with the keyboard....

I persistently tired (being an eighties boy and having never failed with my ZX spectrum) but failed miserably Crying or Very sad

Thats true get CH or joystick. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

i have CH yoke and rudder pedals...

HIGHLY recommended... it was worth every penny. 😎

but even if you dont want all that.. a joystick would do.. flying by the keyboard isn't just impossibly difficult, but it's also very un-realistic.

after i got the yoke and pedals i couldnt believe what i had been missing... i can never go back to keyboarding in flightsim, lol

..the difference is enourmous, that's all i can say

😀 good luck with what you decide 👍

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

i brought a sidewinder 3d pro for $10 and it works fine 🙂