Using Sidewinder steering wheel pedals as rudder control

Ponder Guest

Hello all, I'm afraid this question even sounds stupid in my head so please don't laugh at me! Basically, I have an old, 1st Generation USB MS Sidewinder FF Steering wheel, and a Logitech Wing Commander Joystick (Real top of the line stuff, I know 🙄 )

I was wondering whether it would be possible to plug in the steering wheel as normal, plus the joystick, and just use the pedals as rudder control in FS2004? I've tried, and I couldn't get it to work as FS2004 seemed to be able to only use one or the other, and even then it didn't recognise the pedals when I switched to the steering wheel.

I had given up on the idea, as it didn't seem likely to work anyway, until I was reading a review of the CH Products Flight Sim Yoke and Pedals at Flightsim.com. The review said that FS 2004 recognised the two controls as seperate joysticks, and had to be configured seperately. So I figured if these two can be used together, even though are seperate joysticks, then maybe it was possible there was some way my crappy idea could work? So does anybody have any ideas? Has anyone tried this before? Even if it involved editing the config file, modding FS 2004, or installing different drivers, I would love to be able to do it for the laugh. Any help would be be eternally appreciated and I guarantee you 1000 years of good luck*

Thanks!

*Note: May not be a guarantee

😀

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Read these and see if they help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831361/en-us

Radar

Thank you! The middle article helped me get it to work, it wasn't actually that hard. Sorry for not replying sooner, I was too busy flying with my psuedo rudder pedals! 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...