microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro on xp

Pro Member Trainee
Daniel Scotcher (danielscotcher) Trainee

hi i just brought a microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro with a game port on it can can not get the joystick to work the software that came with it does not install on xp prof does any one know if you can get a microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro to owrk on xp thanks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Read these over and see if they help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294672/en-us

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

I had the same problem with one i bought of ebay.

Turns out that only the last ones we're compatible with widows XP (you can check with the serial numbers on the bottom of the stick.)

The problem it something to do with the earlier ones being analog and XP will only work with digital sticks.

Pro Member Trainee
chad_ryan86 Trainee

Try going into the control panel -> game controllers.

Then click Add and go down to Microsoft Sidewinder (auto-detect) and see if it detects it.

I have the Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro (Gameport) Joystick, and I was able to install it using auto-detect into windows XP. However, I do not see settings for Force Feedback controls. I used to be able to adjust the amount of force feedback the stick would apply, but I'm not sure the force feedback feature is being supported at all on Windows XP. Does anyone have more information on this subject?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Read the links I posted above.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...